Merry Christmas

Everyone was already at the burrow when we arrived in the thick snow, I could hear Charlie's laugh from the yard. Grinning, I picked up my pace as Riley laughed slightly, seeing my family had been all that was on my mind when Christmas was near.

I ran through the door and through the kitchen, finding everyone standing around in the living room, the children were playing in the middle of the room while the adults circled around them. Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at Riley and I before we were brought into hugs from everyone—Charlie and Bill stood beside their wives, Ron and Hermione were sitting with Ginny and Harry who were holding their son James as his face flushed from the embarrassment of being hugged around his cousins. Percy and George stood beside mum and dad who were both smiling at us.

"Hello everyone, merry Christmas," I called.

As if on cue, every one of my nieces and nephews ran towards us. There was Charlie's daughter Felicity, Ginny's children James, Albus and Lily Potter, Ron's children Hugo and Rose, Bill's children: Louis, Dominique, and Victorie, and Teddy Lupin.

"Alright, alright! I know the fun exciting relatives have arrived but you have to give us some room!" I joked.

"Do you really think you're the exciting relatives? If anything that's me," George called as the kids spread out.

"I am your better half, I make you who you are today, Georgie. So therefore, I am the exciting one out of all of us."

"Stop it you two, we all know that the only funny ones in the family are Percy and myself," Riley pulled Percy over to her and winked.

George and I gave our best horrified looks as Percy nodded, "of course we are! We're the funniest members of this family."

"Don't let your big head get in the way there, old Perc," I winked.

"Don't let your big ego get in the way of yours then," Riley countered with a smirk.

"Don't make me throw you in the snow again, sweetie," I said with an evil smile on my face.

"You wouldn't dare...."

"Would you all sit down now? Now that Fred and Riley are here, it's time to exchange gifts," mum stated simply.

Together, George, Ron, Harry and myself sat on the couch as Riley, Ginny, and Hermione either sat in their significant other's lap or in front of their legs. Riley chose to sit on my lap, occasionally batting the fringe from my eyes as gifts were handed out. Although we were a lot older, I still felt like we were in our school days. She had no wrinkles or bags under her eyes, and her body. Her body was incredibly fit for a woman who had three children, that more often than not, I still thought she was the seventeen year old girl who was determined to save the wizarding world and stood up against everything.

"You alright, Freddie?" she whispered as she handed me a wrapped package from Harry and Ginny.

I shook my head, coming out of my thoughts and smiled, "never better, sweetheart."

"Daddy! Look at what Uncle Harry gave us," Maryann and Natalie held out identical necklaces. But Natalie's had a cat while Maryann's had a golden heart hanging from the silver chain.

"They're pretty, here. Let us help you put them on," I reached around Riley and took Maryann's while Riley did Natalie's. "Now, what do you say?"

"Thank you, Uncle Harry," they chorused. Harry, who was sitting beside me, chuckled and hugged both of them before they ran off to get more gifts.

"How's Teddy doing, Harry?" Riley turned to look at him.

"Oh, well...he seems to be doing just fine," Harry whispered.