Losing everything

Hope ya like it! enjoy :)

~*~*~*

*Fred's POV*

I inched towards the bed, trying not to cry as I took Riley's hand in mine, it was slightly cold and I noticed a few cuts running along her arm. Her face was covered in cuts and her left arm looked slightly burned. I stroked her cheeks and traced her freckles as I leaned forward, praying that she would open her eyes and smile up at me. I was such a dolt, I regretted ever walking away from such a beautiful girl, and now I feel as if I would never get a chance to tell her this.

I leaned my head against her forehead, feeling the cold sweat that covered Riley's skin. "I'm so sorry love, for everything I did. I'm such a git. I should have never let you go, never yelled at you, never hurt you...I was a git," I kissed the bridge of her nose and sighed. "If you can ever forgive me, I'll be forever in your debt. I can't believe what you've gone through, I love you so much. I swear that if you give me a second chance I promise to protect you. I never could've imagined this was what you were trying to keep secret...the amount of pain and stress you've had to go through to keep this all hidden must've been exhausting. I'm so sorry I never gave you a chance to do this on your own time...I'll forever be in your debt if you open your eyes. I love you."

I stroked her cheeks and shifted so I was sitting on the edge of her bed, I took her hand and smiled slightly. "I love you too." I looked up and saw Riley giving a weak smile as I grinned.

"There's my girl," I whispered, warmth filling me as I excitedly smiled.

She smiled slightly, "you don't care?" she whispered quietly.

I kissed her cheek as gently as possible, "not one bit."

Riley tried to laugh but she cringed in pain, "I got hit pretty bad. It was some heavy curse."

I sighed, "can I do anything for you?" I watched the smolder in her eyes as she studied me, I let go of her hand and was about to leave when she grabbed my hand.

She tried to reposition herself so she was more toward one side of the bed, with a crooked smile and I saw her cheeks begin to flush, "stay with me?"

"It would be my pleasure," I grinned.
***

I woke up the next morning and found the brown hair of Riley lying next to me sound asleep, God she was beautiful, I placed my hand on her hip and traced the bone as she sighed in her sleep. The more I looked at her the more I couldn't believe that she was actually mine, the realization that I had her back and could hold her tightly meant all the world to me.

I smiled as I pulled her closer to me, "Fred..." she muttered as she curled into my chest.

"I love you Riley," I breathed into her ear as she sighed.

*Riley's POV*

I woke up to find Fred's face within inches of mine, his forehead was touching mine as he breathed deeply in his sleep. His hair was tossed and I realized that his arms were wrapped protectively around me, I shifted to look at the nightstand by my bed and found a letter that was left for me, it read:

Dear Riley,

   I hope you'll be alright with me not staying with you while you get better, I'm off to the center of London where an American quidditch team known as the Northeast Finches is holding tryouts. I'll be back to check on you, if not I promise to send letters; you know I love you but I'm trying to make sure that you have a home when you arrive for the holidays. I promise to keep in touch, please be careful and whatever you do stay out of trouble—I mean it this year. Everything is going to change and I don't want to hear about you getting detentions; if you need me at all please owl and I'll come right away. Please be safe.