Classes

*Riley's POV*

                "Now the Ministry believes that you're too young to know what these curses can do, but I think differently," Moody began in our DADA class.

                I sat next to Hermione who sat up straighter in her seat, school had just started, I was excited for this class but now I regretted ever wanting to see Mad-Eye Moody's teaching style. He was going to show us the unforgivable curses, he was mad after all for thinking this was a good idea, but if Dumbledore trusted him I suppose I had to. I grabbed Hermione's hand as he grabbed a spider and enlarged it before asking us for a curse, he started with the imperius curse making the spider jump all around the room—stopping on Ron's face, before he brought it back to the front of the room. He asked for the next curse, asking Neville Longbottom to come to the front and prompting him for the next one. I braced myself as he started the cruciatus curse, I held onto Hermione's hand tightly hoping I didn't break the skin. It only stopped when Hermione shouted at Mad-eye. He set the spider down for all to see and spoke the killing curse, a green flash emitted from his wand and the spider laid there unmoving. I glanced over to Harry and saw that he was trying not to show emotion, but it didn't work, I could see the horror in his eyes as he glanced up at me. I turned back around in my seat and looked at the front of the room where Moody had begun writing on the board.

                "Is your hand alright?" I whispered to Hermione as we started our notes.

                She smiled and nodded at me, "don't worry about it."

                For the rest of the class we listened to Mad-eye talk and write notes, he told us that we would  practice the imperius curse soon enough on each other—at which Hermione muttered it was barbaric.

                After class we headed to Potions with the Slytherins, which meant another class where Draco would try to tick off Harry. When we reached the classroom I noticed that there was a table for the four of us near the back but it was next to Draco, the others groaned silently as they took their seats-mine being the closest to Draco.

                   "Good summer?" Draco muttered, only low enough for me to hear as we waited for Snape to start the lesson.

                         "It was good as it could be," I shrugged slightly.

                          "He was there, you know? He was looking for you."

                       The familiar prickle of fear shot up my back, "of course my father was looking for me. I disappeared for an entire month without a word."

                            "That's what you get for being a-" I prodded him in the back with my foot before he could say anything more. "Sorry, sorry!" He surrendered instantly.

                                "No one knows, understand? I want to keep it that way," I glanced over at Harry and the others, they were talking to themselves and getting out their supplies.

                                 "You have to accept that sooner or later you aren't a normal person," Draco shot back while digging through his bag for his book.

                                    "All my life my mother and I have had to hide, I'm tired of it. Just let me have this one thing."

                                    Draco turned around so that he was facing me, his hair wasn't slicked back like it use to be which made him look almost attractive. But him being my childhood friend, I had no interest in him. "That's not how life works for us."