Finding Out the Truth

In my opinion, this is the most important chapter to this story! Enjoy!

~*~*~

*Oliver's POV*

It was late and I heard a distant knocking somewhere as I became conscious of my surroundings, I stretched, sitting up in bed before walking to the door of my flat. Albus Dumbledore stood smiling at me, "ah Mr. Wood, its important that you follow me quickly."

I nodded slowly but didn't move, "where are we going?"

I saw a sad twinkle in his eyes and he considered me before answering, "its about Riley."

I didn't need more motivation as I followed him outside of my apartment building, I grabbed his arm as we disapparated to a park facing a row of homes; I was handed a piece of paper and suddenly a building appeared in front of me. We entered the home and as I looked around the old and depressing home and saw Fred and George and Sirius Black sitting on the stairs facing a door.

"Answer us first Wood," Fred demanded as he stood up.

"What could you possibly want now?"

"Tell us why Riley Wood is actually Samantha Daxton—daughter of Jonathan Daxton, a death eater." Fred's voice echoed through the hall.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, "I'm going to need a drink first," they led me to a kitchen and I took a seat across from them.

"Don't interrupt got it?" I took a sip of fire whiskey and sighed. "It's true, Riley Wood is actually Samantha Daxton but what you have to know is that when she was one her mother ran from her father and moved next to my family. I met her mother as Alexa Black and Riley was only one, I started babysitting her while my mum helped Alexa start her new life." I looked at the twins who sat with their jaws set. "Riley is a sweet girl and completely innocent in all of this. Her mother left her father when she saw the opportunity—she had been so manipulated and tricked into being with that bastard. You have to believe that Riley knows very little about him—I did my best to make sure of that. Riley was raised by her mother and my family, she didn't know who her father was for a very long time."

"Then what happened? Why is she called Riley?" Fred commented.

I gave a sad smile as the memory came back to me, "her mother gave her the option to either be called Samantha or RileyAnn when she was about five. Her mother had wanted the name Riley so the name was more often used til that point. Riley instantly demanded that she was Riley and only Riley. So it just stuck." I rubbed my neck, "Can I see her yet?"

The twins shook their heads, "no one can."

From above a scream emitted, I looked up at the ceiling and sighed. "How did her father find them?" George spoke up quietly.

I frowned, "it was my fault actually. I promised to take her to Diagon Alley one day, I think when she was about eight maybe..." I felt tears begin to form and soon slide down my face, "I turned around for one second...one little second and she was gone. When I found her, she was talking to a man with brown hair and the same green eyes as Riley. I didn't think much of it at the time so I shoved it off." I shuddered, "from what I can understand from what my mum told me, what happened after that is he spied on Riley and her mother for a month before making his move and reentering their lives. He even forced them to move away from us, away from prying eyes."

I looked at the boys and both had tears in their eyes, "do you see why she never told you? Do you remember the stories about various death eaters? Johnathan Daxton was the worst of them, he was sick and twisted. He would torture innocent souls and then murder them in cold blood instantly. He murdered 50 Muggleborns in an instant, he was captured for that incident but somehow he escaped. I think he had help on the inside at the time, but no one could ever prove how he escaped after his sentence hearing. He was twisted and manipulative, that's why Riley's mother took her away from him, she couldn't live with the idea of her being raised by a man like that. He was deranged. They were scared. I'm sure the Ministry still has records of Riley and her mother being considered missing persons."