First Day at Hogwarts...What joy

So how ya likin' the story?? Please comment and let me know your thoughts! ^_^

Enjoy!

~*~*~

We were standing on the platform, the train emitting its steam all across the platform, everywhere I looked I noticed the stares of everyone. Then the platinum blonde hair was standing besides me, I looked up into the steel grey eyes of Lucius Malfoy as he glared at me.

"Well, well, well...if it isn't Samantha Daxton. How are you doing lately?" He sneered at me.

I stood up straighter, "that's not my name."

Lucius stood taller and spat on the floor in front of me, I jumped, glaring at him as he leaned in close. "It doesn't matter what you call yourself because either way you look at it, you are nothing more than a filthy blood traitor just like your mother."

"My mother was a good person!" I spat back.

I saw the glint in his eye as he smirked, "do you even know why your mother left your father?" he didn't wait for an answer as he laughed, "she fell for a muggle."

"She left because my father was a monster, Mr. Malfoy." I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of reprimanding my manners as well as my family.

He spat in my face this time, I felt a hand on my shoulder—I looked up and saw Mr. Weasley standing beside me. "You're just a filthy blood traitor like your mother, Samantha," Lucius sneered. Mr.Weasley's grip tightened on my shoulder, I felt his nails dig into my clavicle and I tried not to gasp in pain.

He began to walk away but then he looked back at me, "if it makes you feel any better. I'm positive you'll be seeing your parents soon enough."

I practically lunged at the man but Mr. Weasley was too quick for me and I felt his arm go around my waist, Lucius just laughed until I spat back at him. He pulled out his wand and was inches from my face now, "how dare you."

He backed away and slapped my face, I looked behind him and saw Narcissa and Draco with shocked expressions on their faces. I caught Narcissa's eye and she mouthed that she was sorry while Draco did not meet my gaze. I let myself be carried away to a compartment far away from the scene, the Weasleys hugged me tightly and Mr. Weasley smiled.

"I'm proud of you," he whispered as he hugged me before the train left. "Stay out of trouble."

****

You can do this, no one here reads the Prophet, I'll be alright! I repeated this to myself as I held onto Harry and Ron's hands, stepping into the Great Hall, I stopped, frozen in one spot as I stared at the oak doors. Ron and Harry both gave me understanding looks but Ron was the one who took the step forward and pulled me along, I followed his lead and walked towards the Gryffindor table—Almost on instinct every student stopped talking and their eyes rested on us. I sighed quietly as Harry's grip tightened comfortingly and I sped up the pace towards the table, when we sat down the one thing I noticed was the slight distance everyone had put between the three of us.

"Just like old times eh?" I joked as I smiled at Harry.

Harry looked down at his food and gave a curt nod, I smirked as Fred and George sat with us—Fred grabbed my hand from across the table and whispered that it would be alright as Dumbledore came to the stage and began his start of term speech.

Then Umbridge got up, thank god the food hadn't arrived yet—if it had I think everyone would've thrown up their dinner just from looking at the toad dressed in pink before us.

"What does it mean?" Ron muttered.

Hermione sighed, "honestly don't you listen? She means that the Ministry is interfering at Hogwarts."