Its All Over

Here's the last part of the Battle of Hogwarts! :) (and dont worry, this story is far from over!)

Enjoy!

~*~*~

*Riley's POV*

We were gathered outside on the grounds as Voldemort and his followers came up from the forest to meet us, there was a defined line dividing us, as light from the castle flooded the grounds. Oliver appeared behind me and placed a hand on my shoulder, I gripped George and Ron's hands as we stepped forward, people were still coming forward and making a line facing us.

I saw Draco's parents standing behind Voldemort, I turned my gaze and locked eyes with Bellatrix, who looked at me like a hungry lion looking at its prey; I cringed and shifted so I was somewhat hidden behind George. I saw Hagrid holding something in his arms and then I saw those round glasses and my heart shattered.

"NO!" I looked over at McGonagall who had screamed, then everyone began to cry as they realized who Hagrid was carrying.

"SILENCE!" Voldemort called with a bang as he set off sparks into the sky. "You see? Harry Potter is dead, do you understand now deluded ones? He was nothing, but a mere boy who relied on others to sacrifice himself for him!"

"He beat you!" Ron yelled from beside me.

"He was killed while trying to sneak out of the castle grounds," Voldemort continued. "Now, I give you one last chance to make the right decision...who will join us? I swear, I'll show mercy on you and your family."

There was shuffling and then Draco was about a few feet away from me, "Draco! Draco come here!" Lucius whispered.

Draco stood there a few people away from me, gazing at his mother and father and then he turned around seeming to be looking for me, I could tell he was looking for an answer from me when we locked eyes. I moved next to him and stepped before him, shielding him from Voldemort who began to laugh along with a few other death eaters.

"Ah, there you are Samantha...I was starting to think that one of my followers had gotten to you...I was worried that I would not get to talk to you again," Voldemort sneered.

I pulled out my wand and tightened my grip on the oak wood, I could feel its urge to strike hum in my hands, "I warned you that you'd meet your doom."

Voldemort's eyes flashed, "songs sung by silly little girls do not instill fear into my heart...especially if the little girl is you—a disgraced death eater's daughter," he paused for a moment and studied me, "you could have a better life you know."

"Oh, you actually have one of those? I would've thought that after tearing it to pieces it would have left you with a black hole," I sneered with venom dripping from every word. "and I would never join you...I value my life too much to give it up for nothing." I noticed the snake slither in its cage beside him and I shuddered as its eyes looked at me.

"When will you learn to talk with a little respect to adults?" he seethed.

"When an adult comes and talks to me," I felt Draco place his hand on my shoulder. This back and forth couldn't last for long, one of us was going to have to back down and it wasn't going to be me.

"It's amusing to see really...a death eater's daughter, on the losing side...never would have imagined that, but if you joined the winning side. Your family name will be cleared and you will have power...you'd like power wouldn't you? To crush all of those people who doubted your loyalty, who still doubt you. What would you give to have such power?"