Realizations and sorrow

*Riley's POV*

If everyone knew then I wasn't safe to stay at Hogwarts-not even welcomed in the least. I couldn't believe this, it wasn't fair that Rita Skeeter had taken my life and made it fully public. Not even getting facts or information remotely correct.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror that was placed in this room, my hair was black and my eyes were hazel. I looked so much like my mother, my eyes filled with tears and I threw the book I had been reading at the mirror.

I wrapped my arms around my torso and sobbed, I sobbed until I thought I couldn't anymore. Laying curled on my side, I felt safer than before, it wasn't until I felt myself drift off to sleep did I feel someone's arms around me. I shifted and looked up to see Fred sitting beside me, stroking my hair.

"Fred..." I sobbed as I clung onto his shirt.

"shh...it's alright Riley, I'm here...calm down," Fred whispered as he held me as tight as possible.

I shook my head, "Fred. Please leave me alone!"

Fred chuckled, "I'm not going to leave you alone Riley." Fred rubbed my back and shook his head, "what did you do to yourself Riley?"

I gave a small smile, since we were attacked the scar on my back was much more tender and opened easily, "it reopened when I curled up."

Fred kissed my forehead as he pulled out his wand, "let me fix that for you love."

I wiped my tears and shifted so that I was facing the wall, we sat in silence for a few minutes until Fred's arms went around my waist and pulled me close to him so that I was sitting between his legs. "Thank you."

Fred nodded as he leaned his head on my shoulder, "what is the scar from anyway?"

I took a deep breath, "It's not a very long story, but there was a day he found us-he never saw our home but he did find us when I was around eight. We were walking in Diagon Alley, when no one was looking he grabbed me from behind and took me far away. I didn't know what was going on until we were in a dark alley hidden from everyone, he didn't try to do anything, he just studied my face-like he was mesmerizing what I looked like, trying to preserve the moment. I tried running away and when I managed to get away my mother found me, I'm pretty sure the spell was meant to kill her but I got in the way and was hit. I spent two months in St. Mungo's, she never let me be alone after that."

"They couldn't just heal it completely?"

I shook my head as Fred kissed my shoulder, "he had used dark magic. People worked to fix it, but I'll always have it."

Fred's arms pulled me closer to him and I sighed, "I won't let anyone hurt you like that again."

I nodded as Fred began to kiss my neck, I started laughing as he smirked and continued to kiss me.

"A letter came you, from Wood."

I grinned, "I suppose you opened it for me?"

"I'm offended that you wouldn't think George and I opened it together," Fred pretended to have a heart attack.

"What'd it say?" I laughed, hugging my knees into my chest, Fred interlacing our fingers together and holding me tighter.

"The loon saw the papers, thinks he's going to be able to keep from more information coming out."

I gave a small smile, "Wood is definitely mad sometimes."

"But he wants you to be safe, as well do." Fred stated seriously.

"You'll just have to protect me then," I winked, not wanting the light mood to disappear.

Fred chuckled slightly, "who came up with the ideas for hiding everything?" I frowned, the light mood was shifting away, but this was good. Fred needed answers and while I was nervous to explain everything. It was time.