Frightened and Worried

Thank you for reading! Just so you know, this is the beginning of Riley's seventh year. Enjoy! :)

~*~*~*

*Riley's POV*

Birds were chirping, and the sun was bright, I curled under the covers as someone pulled the blinds open.

"Just five more minutes," I whined as I rolled over onto my stomach.

Fred quietly laughed and stroked my hair, "come on love, time to get ready for today."

I opened my eyes and peaked up at him, "you'll be alright tonight right?"

Fred smiled and kissed my forehead, "I promise I'll return in one piece."

I jumped out of bed and stretched as Fred leaned back onto the bed, I leaned over and kissed him lightly, "I hope so love." Tonight Fred and George and others were going to get Harry from his house and bring him to the burrow before Bill and Fleur's wedding, I was unfortunately not picked as a person to go even though I volunteered. Fred was thankful that I wasn't chosen but I was still upset about it, I wanted to be able to go out and fly at least but Fred was so scared that death eaters might ambush us and he'd lose me forever. God he was so annoyingly protective of me sometimes, but he was mine and I loved him so much; I smiled slightly as I got dressed.

**

Ginny and I were reading when we heard cracks in the distance, I ran outside and saw Harry and Hagrid walking towards us, I ran up and hugged Harry tightly before Hagrid gave me a slight hug. Next came Lupin and George still wearing Harry's clothing, I ran up to them when I saw that George was leaning against Lupin and there was blood running down his neck, together we walked George inside to the couch. I ran my hand over his head and saw all the blood, I grabbed water and a cloth from the kitchen and began cleaning off some of the blood.

"George, hey can you hear me?" I whispered, George groaned slightly, well at least he wasn't dead.

Mrs. Weasley sat beside me trying to fix the ear, but there was no use—it had been taken off with dark magic. I was so focused on George's ear that I hadn't noticed that everyone who had left had come back by now, I was still sitting next to him and holding one of George's hands when Fred came and kneeled down beside his twin.

"How are you feeling Georgie?" Fred whispered.

George gave a great breath before answering, "saint like."

"Come again?"

"Saint like....I'm Holy Freddie...get it?" George smiled.

I stifled my laugh as Fred shook his head, "the whole world of ear related jokes and you go for I'm holy... that's just pathetic that is..."

"So what exactly happened?" Mrs. Weasley asked as she took in everyone's appearances. We all looked at the floor while Mr. Weasley described what he could, everyone pitched in their view points and George told what happened to his ear.

*George's POV*

I woke up and heard rustling coming from the kitchen, I groaned as I rubbed my neck. Sleeping on the couch wasn't so brilliant but I was too exhausted to move to my bed. I stretched and walked toward the source of the noise, I found Riley sitting on the table eating bread.

"You know we eat off that right?" I commented, I laughed when she jumped.

Riley shrugged, "don't worry I'm all clean."