My confrontation with Umbridge

*Riley's POV*

I sat beside Hermione in DADA, waiting for the toad to start the class. When she came in with her squeaky voice and little bow on the top of her head I couldn't help but cringe as she placed our books for the year on our desks.

"We're not going to learn how to use defensive spells?" Hermione questioned.

"Now why would you ever need to use defensive spells?" Umbridge replied.

"Oh I don't know, maybe to protect ourselves against Voldemort," Harry stated aloud.

Everyone froze and shifted their gaze to look at him, "now let me make this very clear. You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large again. This is a lie," Umbridge began.

"It's not a lie! I saw him, I fought him!" Harry shouted.

"Enough!"

"So according to you Cedric Digory dropped dead of his own accord?"

"Cedric Digory's death was a tragic accident."

"That's a lie! He was murdered," I shouted back. I was standing up from my seat fuming and glaring at Umbridge, this was outrageous, "do you mean to tell me that my mother and father dying just a few short months ago, was an accident as well then?" I seethed.

"Nothing more than a tragic accident," Umbridge stated simply.

"No it wasn't," I grasped my desk for support as I stared at this woman, feeling Hermione's attempts to pull me back down. "Tell me why the dark mark was above their mutilated bodies then. Tell me why I was hit with dark magic that almost killed me while trying to leave that horrible place I once called home, answer those questions and then I may believe that it was an accident," I was shaking uncontrollably I felt Hermione grasp my hand but it was no use, I continued to shake. "yes, my father was a death eater, and one of the worst ones to be known. But my mother took me away from him when I was one—which is why my family is now known as blood traitors, we disgraced the Daxton name by running. Not that filth Skeeter came up with. I found their bodies in my living room, tangled and mutilated, blood was everywhere, it was so disgusting to see-hell I can't close my eyes without seeing it some nights. And then my home...it was burned to the ground—I watched everything burn and perish. I lost everything that night, and you're going to stand in front of me and tell everyone in this room that it was simply an accident  that people like Cedric Diggory or my own mother died of an accident?!"

"Enough!" Umbridge cried.

"Don't tell me that all the sleep I've lost since their deaths is over a lie, because it's not!" I continued shouting, everyone was watching me with surprised looks. "Don't tell me that my nightmares are caused because of a lie. Because I know that it's my father's fault my mum's dead. It's his fault that she's gone! My mother was a good person. She never deserved to be murdered because of that foul human being! But here we all are! She's dead and gone and she'll never come back to me no matter how much I pray. So don't tell me what I know to be true is all a lie, I held my mother's dead body in my arms that night, every night I picture that scene—my home burning down and the glow reflecting off the fresh dirt on the ground. You don't know the pain I feel knowing that Voldemort did that to her, how dare you stand there and tell me  that what's real is all lies."

I was seething, fuming and all I could feel was Hermione gently pulling me back down into my seat. But I refused and before I even realized it I had my wand raised and pointing at Umbridge, there was a collective gasp throughout the class as they watched me. I don't know what I would've done, but I tried my hardest to stop my arm from shaking while I lowered it, "he's back. And you best be ready when he comes, because if you keep believing all the lies that Fudge is feeding to the Daily Prophet then..." I snorted, "Professor. You may end up just like my parents did..." Then I studied her, from what I've gathered she was pretty evil and held similar standards as the Slytherins, so who knew exactly what would happen to her. "Or maybe...just maybe, you'll get on with them. Seeing as you're just as horrid as he and his followers are."