Christmas with Oliver and poisonings

I just wanted to say thank you so much for reading, even if you dont vote or comment it's still nice seeing how many reads this story has gotten :) Thank you so much, ya'll are awesome!!! ^_^

*Riley's POV*

It was Christmas morning and I was sitting outside Oliver's door waiting for him to get up.

            Oliver's door suddenly opened and he stepped out in his quidditch robes, "what're you doing down there?"

            I stood from my spot on the floor, "I was waiting for you! I made us breakfast."

            Oliver shook his head as he buttoned his robes, "actually....I have to go out for a little bit. I'm really sorry Rye but the team wants to meet up."

            I gave a small smile, "alright then."

            Oliver sighed as he hugged me, when he pulled away he smiled at me, "two hours tops and we can open gifts and everything. I promise."

            I smiled, "I'll hold you to that."

            Oliver smiled and nodded, "see you in a bit Rye." He rushed down the stairs and soon I heard the door open and shut, I sighed—I knew he couldn't stay away from quidditch, I just hoped he would've taken time to be with me since he was so far away.

   I sat on my bed and listened to some music I had bought from this music store I had found the second day I was here. America sure was interesting, the cities were insane and I was learning about so many things and music was one of them, I learned that I liked to listen to all types of rock. Oliver had gotten me a CD player after I begged for one, it was entertaining to figure out how it worked exactly, I really liked it but now I was bothering Oliver with it constantly playing. I thought America was fabulous and I loved walking around the little town where we lived, there were wizard shops nearby but Oliver wouldn't let me in that area without him.

            After reading another book on astronomy, I packed my messenger bag with some paper and colored pencils and headed to the park around the corner. I found a tree with the right amount of shade that faced the fountain in the middle of the park, I began to sketch whatever came to mind.

            This was how I was spending my winter break, listening to music, and sketching while in the park. I did this while Oliver was off doing his quidditch stuff, I found it very relaxing and fun, the best part was that I didn't have to worry about being found by a death eater. No one came to America really, I loved it here. I just wish I didn't have to go back.

            ***

            "How was the park?" Oliver asked an hour later as I stepped through the door.

            "Marvelous as usual," I smiled.

            "How's your sketching going?"

            I shrugged as I sat down at the dining table, "its coming along. I'm a better singer than artist, how was quidditch?"

            "Actually they didn't have a practice it was a meeting," Oliver said as he turned around with a giant wrapped present.

            I beamed, "was this the meeting?"

            Oliver smirked, "just open it Rye."

            I nodded as I grabbed the present and tore away the paper, there were various things inside: I saw new shirts and skirts and even jeans, and something that Oliver described to me as a portable music player and even some CD's of more artists to listen to. I hugged Oliver tightly, "thank you so much."