Time to Play

*Riley's POV*

It's been three months since the twins left for Hogwarts, I missed them but I knew that Fred saw them constantly so at least I wasn't worried too much. Today I was walking down the street of Diagon Alley, heading to the Leaky Cauldron where I was meeting a particular person.

I walked in the small pub to find a table in the far back, where the platinum blonde hair stuck out against the grey atmosphere.

"Hello, ferret," I greeted as I sat across from Draco Malfoy.

"Is that all you can say to me?" He smirked as he sipped his butterbeer.

"Well, actually there's a lot I'd like to say, especially about the fact that you never told me you had a daughter," I shrugged slightly.

"Ah," Draco nodded as he placed his drink down in front of him. "I knew we'd have this conversation eventually."

"You had a daughter, stopped talking to me, and now she's my daughter's best friend. You had to have seen this coming," I commented.

Draco chuckled slightly, "of course they're friends."

I paused and studied my once best friend, he had dark circles under his eyes but even that didn't stop him from looking attractive. I sighed as I leaned forward, "Why did you just...disappear like that?" I asked, slightly confused, we were friends who always told each other everything-why hadn't he talked to me about something like this.

Draco frowned, "I was ashamed alright? Parkinson showed up and basically left two with me, I didn't know what I was doing and I didn't have time to ask for help. Besides, I wasn't ready to run up to you and your fabulous life and beg for help. Especially since half of your new life hates me."

"Two kids?" I asked completely ignoring his last comment.

"When she had Samantha we tried the whole family thing, but it only lasted a year before I saw that she was getting bored if it. Then we had our son Scorpius and well, two more years went and she just disappeared. I had to abandon the potions post and raise two children on my own. I got a job in the Ministry as an auror so I was able to be home more. I was a trainwreck! Especially when Samantha started asking about her mother," Draco spoke in a rush as he put his head in his hands and sighed. "It didn't help when Pansy tried to come back and be a mother, Samantha wouldn't hear of it and Scorpius just...cried a lot."

"So all those times I wanted to know if you wanted to do something and you blew me off, you were raising two children alone?"

"Pretty much," Draco admitted miserably.

I nodded once and smiled, "I'm sorry to hear that."

"I do apologize for not talking to you, and barely keeping in touch."

"Why did you name your daughter Samantha?" I looked at him accusingly.

That infamous smirk crossed his face as he studied me closely, "for laughs mostly."

I scowled, "ever think that's the reason why that slut left you?"

"No, she left me because she was bored. She wasn't cut out for raising a child, especially two children, and since I was gone for months at a time it wasn't the life she wanted." Draco scoffed.

"Well, when the holidays arrive I expect you at my home with Samantha and Scorpius."

"We both know how well that'll go over."

"I didn't mean to the borrow, I meant to my home. I know Fred will be fine with it, whenever he asks if I hear from you he doesn't make it sound like you're scum," I smiled slightly.