Family affair

Thank you all for reading! <3 Enjoy!

*George's POV*

It was heartbreaking watching Fred tear himself apart as he constantly fought over his next move, I could tell he just wanted Riley back in his life. Fred would sit on his bed muttering to himself about what to do before finally getting up and beginning to construct some other product for the joke shop.

"How's he doing?" Riley asked me one evening, we were sitting alone in her room, everyone had gone to bed but I couldn't sleep and I had a feeling Riley wasn't able to either. Luckily I was correct.

"He's a wreck," I commented as we sat on the floor.

Riley nodded, "I wish he wasn't....then maybe things could go back to normal."

"Just tell him already, things will go back to normal," this must have been the fourth time I've said this to her.

"George, I've already told you...he's not going to be alright with it, he's going to react poorly."

I chewed on my bottom lip, "I know that he loves you so much that nothing will stop him from loving you."

Riley groaned as she laid back on the floor, "being a death eater's daughter would."

I sighed, "you'll never know what will happen until you try."

"I just remember he made an off handed comment...saying something like 'now being related to a death eater. That's a deal breaker.'"

I shook my head, "I think you're hallucinating."

Riley sat up, pulling her knees into her chest, she reminded me of when she was twelve and she just found out that Hermione had been petrified. "I'm scared," she whispered. "This way is better...this way is good for both of us."

"You're literally both killing each other over this," I rubbed my eyes, shaking my head.

Riley's hair slowly turned black as she sat there, "at least if I die my secret comes with me,"

I rolled my eyes at her, "you're over dramatic sometimes."

*Riley's POV*

I sat on Ron's bed and tried not to fall asleep since we weren't doing much, Hermione sat painting my toe nails while Ron sat feeding his owl. We sat in silence for a long time—I'm pretty sure I took a nap at one point—and then the door opened and that famous black hair walked through the door, I was the first one to jump up and hug Harry as he greeted us. He didn't seem too happy though as he glared at all three of us.

"So how long have you been here?" Harry muttered.

I glanced at the others and frowned, "beginning of the summer."

"What is this place?"

"The headquarters for the order of the phoenix."

Harry shrugged, "I suppose you couldn't add this in your letters huh?"

I sighed and walked up to him, "we were under orders to stay quiet Harry."

Harry nodded slowly and then he exploded, his anger dripping on every word as he yelled at us—then the twins apparated in beside him. Fred glanced at me before prodding Harry for being furious, until he suggested that we try and listen in on the meeting going on downstairs.

We clambered around the stairs as Fred released their newest invention—extendable ears and we soon heard Sirius' voice.

"If you're positive about this, she'll need to return to get her things," Sirius stated.