What makes a ferret cry?

I just wanted to say that all you readers and commenters and voters are incredibly awesome! the day this story got over thousand reads I got really excited and jumped around like a maniac! (seriously!) so thank you so much for making my day :)

Enjoy!

~*~*~*

*Fred's POV*

I pushed the oak doors opened and ran to the side of the bed where the fragile girl lay, I glanced around the infirmary and saw that Ron was also lying in a bed that was facing Riley's. George and I had been setting up our shop when we received an owl stating that we were needed at Hogwarts—Riley and Ron had been hurt severely.

"What happened?" I whispered as I walked over to Ron's bed. I noticed that Hermione lay unconscious next to Riley's bed.

Ron looked up to me and sighed before telling me everything, when he was done I hugged him tightly and thanked him for watching over Riley before I sat down and stared at Riley, for what felt like forever.

I let out a shudder as George patted my shoulder, "she's going to be alright, Freddie."

I nodded numbly, his words meant nothing to me, Riley was unconscious and unresponsive to everything. Madame Pomfrey believed that she would wake up within a little while and that I should just wait but I was worried, what if she never woke up?

"Where's Gin at?" George looked around the infirmary with a frown.

"She only twisted her wrist, she went back to finish classes up." Ron explained.

*Riley's POV*

It's been two months, I was moved to St. Mungos when I didn't wake up at Hogwarts, they wanted me to be taken care of by healers constantly. They said whatever spell hit me had taken all my strength and made me lose so much blood that everyone believed that I wasn't  ever going to recover, I had broken my left leg and right arm, and I could barely move since my back got so messed up. I leaned back into the pillows and looked at the picture frame on my nightstand of Fred smiling at me, I didn't know where he was but according to George, everyone had agreed that the best way for me to calmly regain my energy and strength back was that Fred not visit. They all believed that Fred would break me out immediately when I wasn't ready. I missed him though, I wanted to see his eyes sparkle as he told me how much he loved me but after the twentieth time of begging George if he could see me, I gave up.

I was reading a book Hermione had left for me when the door burst open and Draco Malfoy walked in.

"Thank god!" Draco breathed as he came and sat beside my bed.

I smiled, "I'm surprised you came to see me."

Draco frowned slightly, "I heard what happened and this was the first time I was able to leave my house with no one noticing. And that hurt! I am your friend after all."

"Says the git that's life goal is to ruin my friends' time at school. So what, are they holding you hostage or something?" I joked, Draco only glared down at the floor. Something in the back of my mind told me I had hit a chord, I gently reached for his hand—his left hand—but he drew away quickly. "Let me see your arm Draco," I whispered as I tried to grab it again—pushing myself up against the bed guards as I groaned in pain. Unable to reach him.

Draco shook his head, keeping his distance as his eyes glossed over, "please don't think badly of me."

I shook my head, "I can't promise you anything."

Draco sighed.

"But if you told me...."

Draco let out a shaky laugh, "Riley please understand that I can't."