Before the Fight

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoy it!

*Fred's POV *

The galleon that I'd been carrying around, burned in my pocket and I saw that it was a message calling all former DA members and even order members to apparate to the Hog's Head immediately. I showed it to dad and he nodded, "get George and get going. I'll get the order and we'll be there."

I ran to my room and found George and Riley and even Ginny having a discussion.

"Hey Georgie boy! Dad wants us for something," I lied as we locked eyes, I just hoped he understood what I actually meant.

Riley and Ginny looked at me curiously as George nodded and stood up leaving his wand behind, I bit my lip—if I said anything about his wand they'd know something was up but I had to take the chance. "George, don't forget your wand."

"Why would he need it?" Ginny asked, I kicked myself.

"Dad didn't specify what he needed our help with," I lied and laughed lightly. Riley saw right through my lie, she glared at me but didn't say a word.

George stepped next to me and smiled at the girls, "be back in just a bit!"

We walked down the hall and out the door, we were about to apparate when there was a cry behind us.

"You don't think you're leaving me do you?!" Ginny cried as she folded her arms.

"Gin, this could be dangerous," George stated.

"I'm coming with you. Both of you know I'm a fair fighter, I'll be fine."

George and I shared a look, "where's Riley?"

Ginny rubbed her neck, "eating a puking pastel."

"You're kidding!" George laughed slightly.

Ginny blushed and kicked the dirt under her feet, I shook my head and sighed, "come on then."

"I'll let Riley kill you herself for that trick. I'd hate to be you the second she finds that antidote."

We apparated to the little pub where the owner, Aberforth, showed us to a tunnel and informed us to follow the trail. We ran along the walls and finally came to the back of a painting, I pushed it forward and found a great big room with many students. I jumped down from the mantel and was greeted by former members of the DA, we walked over to the side as more people came through the hole in the wall.

"What's the plan then Harry?" George called.

Harry looked at us and frowned, "there isn't one."

"Ah! We're going to make it up as we go, my favorite," I smiled.

Harry groaned and Ron turned to him for a minute, the two had a short conversation before Harry turned back to the group.

"Can I have everyone's attention?" Harry called.

The room grew quiet quickly and Harry took a breath, "listen. We didn't come here to start a fight! We need to find something...something that's very important. We think it's something that belonged to Ravenclaw. Maybe someone has seen something with an eagle on it?"

"There's always the lost diadem," Luna chirped in with her dreamy voice.

"Yes but Luna, it hasn't been seen for years...hence its known as the lost diadem," Michael Corner stated.

"If you'd like to see what it looks like I could take you to see it in our common room," Cho Chang stated quietly.

Harry began to nod slowly, "Luna can take Harry there." Ginny stated forcefully.