Life

I dedicated this to GryffGirl7 because she gave me the idea for this chapter! Thank you so much :)
and thank YOU for reading this story!! it means the world to me :)

*Riley's POV*

You're children sure are beautiful, I'm so happy for you.

I looked around, I was alone in the house and everything was quiet—the twins were upstairs asleep and I was drawing on the couch. Like usual a shiver went down my spine, but I wasn't scared, I knew ghosts and having gone to a school filled with them I was perfectly fine around them. But why was I so scared now?

"Who are you?" I whispered as I put my drawing to the side of me.

You know who I am sweetie

"Not exactly," I shivered. There was a movement out the corner of my eye, it was slight but I saw it. I stood up and held my wand in my hand.

My how you've grown

I lifted my wand up slightly as I looked around for any sign of the ghost, just as soon as I saw a movement I pointed my wand at it. "Homenum Revelio," I whispered.

There in front of me was a silvery figure, floating as she smiled at me. My mother stood with a smile on her face as she floated before me.

"Mum?" I was shocked, I had a feeling it was her but now that my suspicions were confirmed I was stunned. "What're you doing here?"

"Making sure you're alright. You wished I was here remember?"

"I never wished for that," I shook my head.

"You did, years ago. I've always been around, secretly observing, your friends sure are nice."

I nodded once, "I suppose......that makes sense. But why have I only been hearing your voice recently?"

"Again, I was secretly observing you. Which means silently, I didn't want to make you more stressed than you already were and...you didn't really seem to need me that much," Alexa had a small smile on her face.

"Yes I did."

"Well, you hid it marvelously," she gave a very small laugh. She floated over to the mantel piece above the fire, various photos of Fred and I adorned it as she studied the photos. "You have such a big family, and I can tell that boy just adores you. I wish we could've had that...a big family with a father who loved you...but...you know," she huffed as she turned to see me.

"Speaking of family. I need to know, what happened to ours?"

Alexa sighed, "first you should know that I did not agree with your grandmother's pureblood views, I rebelled after attending Hogwarts. I was shunned from the Black family, being known as a blood traitor in the eyes of that entire family. After being kicked out of my home I ran into your father, I had no clue that he was a follower of you-know-who. I didn't know until I met Narcissa Malfoy and I put the pieces together, I was scared for my life when I learned this, Narcissa helped me run from him. The cover story was that I fell for a muggle, my name was already tarnished so image was nothing to me. Riley, what you have to know is that, had I known who your father was I would have never fallen for him like I did in the beginning. I did my best to protect you, and I know I failed you the last few years I was alive...but I did my best."

"I would've never been born if it weren't for you meeting him," I muttered.

"Which is something I never regretted happening," Alexa smiled. "I am sorry, for everything. For you having to hide who you are...you never should've had to do that."

"It was for the best, if I hadn't...I wouldn't have any friends," I whispered. It was true, until I attended school and tried to make friends for the first time, I assumed hiding who I was, was just a silly idea.

"I'm proud of you, you know that right? Everything you've done...I'm proud," I grinned as my mother laughed before frowning. "I suppose I should leave now...I'm sure that boy of yours is worried about your behavior recently."

"You won't stay? Most ghosts I know do," I waved off her previous comment.

"Some can, but most leave when they have accomplished whatever it is they couldn't before they passed."

"Do you really have to go?"

Alexa smiled slightly, "yes sweetie. But I'll always be around, you know that I'm always here." I nodded once, it was odd talking to her but it was nice to hear her voice again.

"Why did you pick today to talk to me and then leave?" I asked curiously.

"It just felt.....right," she whispered slightly, "but I'll still be watching over you love. I always have been."

"I wish I could've given you a proper burial....Sirius helped me make a plaque and memorial for you at his home," I whispered.

"That's more than enough, dear. You being alive and creating this wonderful life for yourself is the best gift you could give me."

I nodded once as Alexa sighed, "love you darling," she blew a kiss.

"Love you mum," I whispered as her figure began to disappear.

I sat back down on the couch and started to laugh, I was a loon, and there was no denying it now. I sighed slightly as I picked up my sketchbook and continued to draw, for months I had heard her voice just calling out to me with different little things to say. I only wished I could've talked to her for longer, I had so many things to talk about and ask her, I sighed slightly as I sketched the outline of an eye, I felt giddy as I sat there. The day she died I thought I would never hear her voice again—I was glad I was wrong.

"I'm home!" I looked up and saw Fred kicking his shoes off by the door before walking through the house. "Hello sweetie," Fred beamed as he kissed my forehead, "I'm making dinner tonight and George will be over shortly."

"Alright love," I smiled as Fred stroked my cheek. My mother's words rang through my mind as he looked at me with the same smoldering gaze—I was lucky to have someone who loved me unconditionally.

"Everything alright sweetheart? You look sort of tired," Fred asked curiously as he leaned closer to me so he was hovering only a few inches above my face.

"Everything is perfect, love," I grinned. Fred grinned before kissing me and moving off to the kitchen, I put my sketchbook on the coffee table in front of me before running up the stairs to check on the twins. Oliver was sitting up in his crib while Nellie was still asleep.

"Freddie, do you believe in ghosts?" we were lying on our bed but neither of us were tired.

"Didn't we go to the same school?" Fred laughed slightly, "why do you ask?"

"I saw my mother's ghost," I whispered to the room. Fred fell silent, I felt him shift so that he was laying on his side with his arm supporting him as he looked down at me.

"How was she?" Fred smiled.

"She's happy that I have you and people who care about me," I grinned. For a second I thought Fred would have been freaked out or scared but he seemed perfectly happy.

Fred laughed as he kissed my cheek and moved so that he could pull me close to his chest, "you sure do have the life don't you? An incredibly gorgeous husband who loves you unconditionally, two very beautiful children, and a bunch of people who love you and just want to see you smile."

I laughed as Fred began kissing my neck, I do have a fabulous life filled with amazing people. I grinned before shifting and kissing Fred, I love my life.

~*~*~

=/ I don't know...I think its cute but then its like..eh.

What do YOU think?! PLEASE comment and vote! I really want to know about this chapter!
So five comments and five votes will do for the next upload I think.