Christmas time

*Ginny's POV*

"So how're you today?" I asked Riley a week after the accident with the stairs. She still wasn't much better than now, it was Friday night and I sat in my chair beside her.

"I've been better...you look like hell," Riley stated as she looked me over.

It was true, I now had a painful black eye and my lip was still busted up...the night I stole the sword or tried to at least, Snape had done this to me. I didn't tell Riley, I just muttered Carrows and she dropped it immediately.

"Well, I'm done my essays will you turn them in for me?" Riley handed me five scrolls of parchment and I put them in the messenger bag I was using to carry her things.

"How can you write essays so fast?" I mused in amazement, she was even faster than Hermione was at finishing assignments.

"Don't know, I just can....I love writing so doing one or two scrolls for one subject isn't too bad for me," Riley smiled slightly.

"Not as much as singing right?"

Riley laughed, "I wish we still had the choir...."

"Could you imagine if we did? I bet they would make Alecto instruct it," I laughed trying to joke.

"I need you to do me a favor Ginny," Riley muttered as she reached under her pillow and pulled out a letter and handed it to me. "I need you to send this to Fred, he's probably thinking of some scheme to come here and check on me."

"He's most likely already here and is on his way up those stairs," I smiled slightly. I glanced at the closed doors as if what I said was true but nothing happened. "You're perfect for him...has anyone told you that?"

Riley blushed slightly, "no, can't say that anyone has."

"Well you are, just in case you ever have a doubt. I've only ever seen Fred that happy when he's committed some huge prank, but when he looks at you its as if he's gone and pulled the swamp fiasco all over again," I laughed slightly while Riley smiled. "He might be a fool and love pranks, but he'd gladly give it all up to see you smile. I can see it in his eyes when he looks at you, he just gets this expression on his face...you know what I mean don't you?"

Riley shook her head admirably and smiled, "He really is one of a kind."

"They put your name in the paper by the way," I stated casually as I went through my bag for the article and handed it to her. I had gotten the paper yesterday and Riley's face was on it, she had been asleep when I came to visit so I couldn't show her then. "Apparently they want you—well, Samantha Daxton actually."

"This year...just keeps getting better and better doesn't it?" Riley started to laugh, half hysterical.

"I'm going to stay here all night, maybe if you talked to Oliver to see how he's getting on preparing for your stay," I shrugged. "Also, I suggest changing your hair color. It doesn't look like they know about that so that's good at least."

"Worth a shot...why have they waited so long to get me?" Riley looked up from the paper curiously.

"Don't know, but it was bound to happen right?"

"Sure...god, I really would love to know what my dad did to all of these people..." Riley shook her head and looked at the paper.

"You don't think it was your mom at all?"

"Nah, Alecto even said my dad did some back stabbing himself. I mean, my mom ran for her life—nothing wrong with that—but I thought that the death eaters hated my family because of her...but no, it's something to do with my father." Riley rubbed her eyes and stretched. "I wish it didn't matter though, do you think people here are going to look at me the same way they did fifth year again?"