Trouble

*Carlisle Cullen*

Isabella has been a very good girl since Esme talked to her. Bella hasn't been crying or doing anything that says she's depressed anymore. She's been talking to Edward more, it's good. Also with the fact that Bella is growing, Alice has enough reasons to buy her more clothes.

Today I am at the hospital, working as always, there is a woman who will soon have a baby and they wanted me, to deliver it, since her original doctor wasn't here. I was getting everything ready as they were provoking her pains. She still isn't going to deliver just for another 7 minutes. I looked at her file and her name is Jennifer Desly. Age is 27, husband is Walter Desly.

I got all "dressed up" for the birth and walked to the emergency room where she was at. I walked in and saw the woman there, as usual on how many woman are during birth, sweaty, angry, frustrated, crying of pain, and the husband there trying to tell her everything would be fine. They looked at me when I walked in.

"Hello, my name is Dr. Carlisle Cullen and I will help you deliver the baby since your doctor can not attend today." I said and sat down on my stool next the bed and shook hands with the husband and the wife.

"Dr. Cullen, can I trust you to deliver my baby safely?" Mrs. Desly asked me breathlessly.

"Of course. I promise to do everything in my power to deliver your child safely to your arms." I said and raised my hand in honer.

I moved to be able to help this woman give birth, put on my gloves, and looked at her one last time.

"Alright then, let's deliver this baby." I said and she nodded in pain.

*1 hour later*

We all went silent at the sound of a baby crying. I smiled at how beautiful this baby was. I looked up at her and smiled.

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Desly, you are the proud parents of a healthy baby boy." I said and I could see Mrs. Desly was crying in happy tears.

"Mr. Desly? Would you like to cut the cord?" I asked him and he nodded happily. He cut the cord and I gave the baby to the nurses to clean him up.

As I continued the procedures of this birth I saw the baby cleaned up and be given to the mother.

I finished and got up to clean my hands. As I washed them, I heard the nurse asking for the name of the boy.

"What name would you like for your baby, Mrs. Desly?" The nurse asked her.

"Isaac. Isaac Robert Desly." Mrs. Desly said and the nurse wrote it down. I turned to the couple after washing my hands.

"The nurses will take the baby to be checked and everything, you will be transferred to a regular room and there you may see the child again." I said and they smiled at me.

"Thank you, Dr. Cullen." Mr. Desly said and I nodded.

"Congratulations, have a wonderful day." I said and turned to leave. I changed into a fresh pair of clothes and went to see other patients. I was happy to help bring a child into this world. I never really looked at it the same ever since Bella came along.

I had delivered many children before and was happy to bring them to their parents, seeing how happy they were.
Once Isabella came along, I may not have seen her birth, nor was she my biological daughter, but our similarities were enough to make everyone believe she was. Her brown eyes were one thing everyone found in particular different, but we had said she got them from a different member of the family. Maybe Esme's relative is what they believed.

I saw how Bella was growing and I could feel close to what the parents felt. To see their young child, a baby, start growing, to have their first steps, first words, first everything. It was exciting and I understood them.