Feeling Better

*Esme Cullen*

Bella sits in my lap still crying. It has been an hour, and I feel very terrible for not being able to calm her down. I knew she missed her parents. Or at least wanted to meet them. It struck her hard to know that they left and it will hurt her worse to know that they have another daughter.

Bella laid on my lap with a warm blanket wrapped around her and crying. I rocked her back and forth and then I noticed her crying had soften. To the point where she was just whimpering.

She looked up and me and I saw that her eyes were puffy and red from all the crying. I smiled gently at her and kissed the top of her head.

"Come one, my little one. Don't cry. Mommy is here with you. Always." I said and hugged her to my chest gently.

"Why don't we give you a nice warm bath? That way you can calm down and then we can make some cookies. How does that sound?" I asked her and she nodded while smiling just slightly.

I took her to her bathroom and took off all her clothes. I warmed up the water and once it was nice and warm, I placed Bella inside. Bella tried to calm herself down as she sat on the hot tub. With the bowl I had in there I started to grab some water with the bowl and pour it gently on her head.

We continued this for 30 minutes until I saw my little girl smiling at me, a real smile. I then took her out and went to her bathroom changing her into a pair of comfortable pijamas and towel dried her hair.

"Now, how about those cookies?" I asked and she nodded. Isabella grabbed my hand and we walked out of the room, down the stairs, and to the kitchen. Bella sat on the stool and I took out all the ingredients to make the cookies.

"Hold on a minute, let me call your brother quickly." I said and went to the house phone and dialed to Edward. He answered quickly.

"Edward?" I asked and I could practically hear him smile.

"How is she? Any better?" He asked and I smiled at how caringbhe was towards her.

"Yes, much better." I said and smiled as I looked to my Bella. She was playing with her fingers.

"Really? That's great, mom. Thank you, for making her feel better. I was so frusterated with myself becuase I had no idea what to do to make her feel better." Edward said rambling on and I chuckled.

"Well, a mother's way, always does the trick." I said and chuckled, he chuckled as well.

"I'm guessing we can all come back? Because Alice said it would take some time so she and Rose took us shopping. Of course she already knew you would call so they are ending their shopping soon, thankfully." Edward said and sighed in relief. I laughed.

"Well then, I will see you guys here soon." I said and we hung up. I walked to Bella and a smile grew on her face.

"They will be back soon. Alice took them shopping." I said and we laughed. Hearing Bella's laugh was a relief from after so long of seeing her so blue.

We made the cookies and popped them in the oven. Just then I heard the door open. Suddenly, Edward, Carlisle, and Jack were here. I smiled.

"Ooh! What are you two making?" Jack asked and I smiled.

"We're making cookies." Bella said and smiled at Jack. Jack looked at her and smiled. I'm sure he was glad she was ok. I didn't think about the conversation I had with Bella and her crying. I didn't want to worry my son. I knew he couldn't read Bella's mind, so I wasn't going to give him anything.

"That's great! Can I have some?" Jack asked and I chuckled.

"Of course, they are just for you and Bella. Plus we made 26 cookies, I don't think Bella will finish everything by herself." I said and we laughed.