Last Visit

*Carlisle Cullen*

I'm getting ready to leave to the hospital since I want to get there early so I can talk with Dr. Wenstone. I got my doctor's suitcase ready and went downstairs.

"At what time do you think you'll come back?" Esme asked me. We both walked outside to my car as I turned it on letting it heat before I drive, I placed my suitcase inside.

"I'll try to be back before Bella's supper." I said and Esme nodded. We walked back inside. I never leave before giving Bella an early good morning kiss before I leave. She might wake up while im not here but I don't leave her without one.

"Try to be back earlier than that dad. When you pick up your paycheck, I see Mr. Wenstone asking you if we could all pay a small visit to their house so we could say good bye." Alice said to me while I walked up the stairs

"Yes Alice, shall I accept or decline?" I asked as I entered Bella's room quietly not waking her up. It was still fairly early to her. She does not wake up until 8:00am or 9:00am and right now its 5:45am, I start working at 6:00am.

"Accept of course! They have a visitor that is very important to Katrina." Alice said from downstairs. I leaned in and kissed Bella's small soft cheek. She smiled in her sleep. I adjusted her blankets and closed the door of her room after exiting. I walked back downstairs.

"A visitor?" Esme asked Alice.

"You'll see." Alice said and walked up to me. She hugged me tightly like she always does every morning before I leave. Alice has always been closer to me besides Edward. Although I love all my kids equal, Alice and Edward have always been the children I am most closest to.

Alice is like a daddy's girl and Edward a daddy's boy. Yes they are old enough to get over that, but I still spoil them a bit. Although, Rosalie is closer to Esme than me, and Emmett and Jasper love us both equally. They don't have a specific favorite. Bella is a big brother's baby girl, she prefers Edward out of everyone, although she is a mommy's girl too, she follows Edward a lot more.

"Bye daddy, see you at......3:45pm when you return and come for us all to leave to The Wenstone's house." Alice said specifically and I chuckled.

"Bye Alice." I said and let her go.

"Bye dad." I heard Edward behind me. I turned around and saw him leaning on the wall smiling at me.

"Bye Edward." I said and gave him a father-son hug. I left and drove all the way to the hospital. Once parked I grabbed my suitcase and walked in. I was greeted immediately by the secretary up front.

"Good morning Dr. Cullen." Ashley, the front secretary said. I smiled at her and nodded. I walked all the way to my office and closed the door behind. Since there are no cameras in my office, at vampire speed I organized my desk with the documents arranged in order of my patients.

I heard Ashley's voice from the first floor. "Good morning Dr. Wenstone." She said from downstairs. I waited like 20 minutes then went straight to his office. I knocked. Then walked in.

"Yes, Dr. Cullen?" Dr. Wenstone asked me looking at his papers and going through them.

"Well Dr. Wenstone, I was wondering if I could have some months off?" I asked with a bit of hope though I knew his answer, thanks to Alice.

"How many months?" Dr. Wenstone asked me curiously. I took an unecessary deep breath.

"About from now to September, so about 6 months." I said and he raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"6 months? That's a lot, and if I may ask, what is the occasion of leaving for so long?" Dr. Wenstone asked.

"Well.....my family and me....need to visit our families. We haven't seen them in probably 10 years....since all my kids were young and it would be nice if they saw them again." I said shrugging after I said that.