'Why?'

*Alice Cullen*

Oh, I knew this time would come, but it arrived quickly, way too quickly. The day we would tell Isabella she's adopted. I have a plan to tell her slowly, maybe if we do it that way she won't take it as hard.

We were all still sitting and talking about how Isabella came to us. I was sitting on Jaspers lap in an arm chair.

"I have an idea." I said and they turned their attention to me.

"That's good actually." Edward said after a bit.

"We can tell Isabella she's adopted, who she is, maybe, and her real name. Although we just won't tell her who her parents are or that she will leave us when she's 8." I suggested and they all thought about it.

"That's a great idea. She won't take it as hard since she's going to be knowing little by little." Jasper said looking up and me. Everyone nodded.

"I'm going to unpack, excuse me." Edward said and got up getting Bella's luggage and walking up stairs.

"I'll see if he needs help." Tanya said quietly and got up leaving upstairs to where Edward already was.

*Edward Cullen*

I grabbed Bella's suitcase and quickly went upstairs to her new room. I set the suitcase down on the bed.

"I'll see if he needs help." I heard Tanya say from downstairs and come up. I mentally sighed.

"Hey." A female voice said quietly but audible, then Tanya came into the room since the door was opened. She sat on the bed as I took out the clothes from the suitcase. Tanya stared at them.

"She's cute." Tanya said smiling and looking at the clothes and thinking of Bella. Although she wasn't smiling much.

"I know. She's the most beautiful child I have ever seen. She seems to get more beautiful as she grows." I said taking out everything.

"She's a bit weird though. No offense." Tanya said as she opened the other suitcase.

"How is that not offensive? What do you mean she's weird?" I asked starting to get irritated.

"I didn't mean it like that. I meant that I've just never met someone like her. Its very weird and strange to me, but I guess I can start getting used to it." Tanya said raising her hands in defense. I nodded and turned my attention back to the clothes.

"She's really something to you isn't she?" Tanya asked after a bit if silence. I sighed.

"Isabella is very special to me. I'm just attached to her so much it's so....strange. I've never been like this with anyone before and with Bella, its different. She's different....she isn't just 'Isabella' to me she's 'my Isabella' and that will never change." I said and opened the drawers placing Bella's shirts inside.

"Alright then." Tanya said and left the folded dresses on the bed then walked out closing the door behind her. I sighed and walked to the huge window. I stared outside for a moment.

Then I got back to folding clothes. When I was finished, I unpacked her toys. I organized everything and made everything easy for her to find.

I'm sure Alice would want to decorate it later, with the permission of the Denali's of course.

I was finally done and I heard laughter downstairs. I smiled because I recognized that laughter, it was Bella. She was back. I walked downstairs and once she saw me she smiled.

"Eddie!!!" She yelled and ran towards me almost tripping but she kept going. I raised her up into my arms.

"Hey Bella! You're back. How was your walk?" I asked her as I sat in the couch.