71: What if someone else can give you more?

You had been sitting on the couch all day looking at the Internet and reading the new magazine headline with Niall on it. Almost everyone was commenting, "Niall could do so much better" "she's not like any of the other girls he's dated" "it won't last long." "She's fat" It hurts. You didn't think you've done anything wrong. You stay in the back at concerts to make sure you don't get in any of the ways of the fans. You go months without Niall. Maybe he could deserve better...maybe he will meet someone else that can give him more. Someone who can walk out in public without having an anxiety attack when everyone comes running up to the two of you shouting. Someone who can cook fantastic meals. Someone with a body that they are confident to show off. Someone else... You thought. It pains you to think of Niall with someone else but maybe...just maybe he will see that he deserves more than you. The thought caused you to tremble. You rested your head on the couch and let a few silent tears slip. Maybe you should tell Niall how you feel he should be home any minute-

The front door to your apartment opened. You and Niall haven't taken the big step in sharing a home yet. Both of you believe marriage should come first. You wiped your eyes quickly and try to hide the magazine on your lap. "Hey, Princess." Niall smiled. He walked over without taking off his shoes and placed a kiss to your lips. You gave him a small smile and tried to look casual.

"What are you reading?" Niall sat down beside you and wrapped his arms around you. "Nothing." You shrugged. "What's wrong?"  He outstretched his hand and grabbed the magazine flipping though to the pages. "You read the magazine?" He asked tossing the magazine it to the side and facing you. "Ya." You nodded. "Don't let it get to you." He frowned twirling a finger through your hair. "Can I just ask something?" You asked playing with your fingers. "Yes of course." He nodded. "Are you happy with me?" You asked looking down at the feet, "am I to- Uh fat? Too-" he cuts you off with a kiss. "What kind of crap are you talking about, love. Of course I'm happy with you. And hell no you're not fat you're beautiful. Where did you even get the thought to think such a thing?" He closed his eyes. "I don't mean for you to get upset I was just asking-" you frowned looking up at him, "In the future I don't want you to regret the time you spent with me when you had so many other beautiful girls after. What if someone else could give you more?" You admitted. You can't ever hide any of your feelings away from him. "(Y/n), I don't want anyone else. I chose you because I think you are perfect for me..you're the only one in this universe that I want to be with. I want to build a life with you, make a family, grow old with you. I want everything with you, my love. It hurts me to imagine you thinking you aren't enough. Don't believe what the haters say alright. I don't need anything more." He leant in and kissed just bellow your ear. Your favourite place to be kissed. You closed your eyes at the touch of his lips on your skin. "Ni, I understand that but they-" you began. Niall sighed, "who are you going to believe? The fans that have never spoken a word to you or your boyfriend...the man that thinks you are the most beautiful woman to have walked the earth?" You looked up at Niall to see him smiling. How is he so good with his words? You have no idea.
"Lets have a dance party just you and I. Let's dance out our emotions." Niall suggested. He knew how much you love to dance around the house. You nodded giving him a smile, "I love you." "Mhm I love you more." He smiled kissing you lightly on the temple.
-----
Shawn Mendes' song Mercy is 😍❤️
I also started my first job! I hope your week goes great! Thank you for reading.