56: He's a prince

A few side notes
- I'm so freaking excited to write this
-imaging niall as a prince is actually killing me
- these will be long parts! And I don't know how long
- I was actually working on my own novel about this kind of topic but of course it would be in depth, but I've decided to make it a group of imagines instead
- please enjoy ❤️
~~~~~~
"I'm so proud of you dear. And I thank you for helping out the family." My mother tells me packing up my suitcases. "It's going to be great sissy! Not only will you be making money but you'll be in the same place as the prince! The prince!!!" My younger sister fangirls jumping on my bed.

"Did you hear on the magazines that he's looking to be married soon!" My mom fangirls next. I laugh and zip up my last suitcase to take with me to the castle.

"The royal taxi should be here soon-" my mother is cut off by a knock at the front door of my old and small home.

My younger sister basically skips down the stairs and opens the door to what looks like a teenaged boy-no older then I am. He's tall, blonde and he wears a black suit with blue buttons. "Hello there." The boy smiles down at my sister. She doesn't even need to be facing me for me to know that she blushed.

"I believe I'm here for your sister, (Y/N) (Y/L/N)" the boy smiles.

"That's me." I say carrying my two suitcases to the door.

"Allow me." He bows, taking my suitcases and walking out the door.

"Sweetheart be careful and write to us when you can." My Mother smiles kissing my cheek. "I will try, I love you both." I smile.

"We love you too!" My little sister grins.
--------
During the 3 hour ride to the royal castle I  learnt that the teenaged boy is a guard at the castle, and has been for about 2 years, he loves to blast the music in the car, and his name is Ryan. He's quite sweet as well.

"You're really going to enjoy your stay here...." Ryan smiles driving down a back road. "And here's the castle." He adds as the castle pulls into view. I've  driven past the castle before for a history field trip but I never knew I'd  be able to go inside.
"I'll take your suitcases up to your room, and Sarah will explain everything to you and the others." Ryan explains. I don't know who Sarah and the others are but I  don't ask questions , I'll  see for myself.
------
Sarah is one of the head people at the castle she organizes all the royal parties and events. The others surprise me. There's more guards that are being trained this year and there's more maids working at the castle as well. "Oh my wow." A dark haired girl mumbles beside me. She's looking up at the chandelier hanging from the ceiling. "Wow is right." I laugh. "I'm Darla." She smiles shaking my hand. "(Y/N), it's nice to meet you." I smile back.
----
At around 4:30 in the afternoon we are all welcomed to our rooms, I have to share mine with Darla and another girl I don't know the name of. She likes to keep to herself I'm guessing. Not that I'm complaining I've spent most of  my life sharing a room with my sister anyway. I look through the given closest of mine. There's 3 maid outfits and 3 pairs of shoes. Someone opens the door.....

It's princess Emerald. The twin sister of Prince Niall. I've  seen her on tv of course but I never expected her to be so pretty. She smiles, "hello, which one of you is (Y/N) (Y/L/N)?"

"That's me." I smile.

Do I bow, curtsy?

"Perfect you are my person." She says, "I don't want to call you my maid cause I always feel rude but your job is to pick out my dresses, clean my room and bring me breakfast. Just in case you didn't know." She smiles nervously. "I didn't thank you for telling me." I smile.

"You all can come to the dining room dinner is starting soon." She adds before walking out.

I wear a plain pinkish dress not wanting to stand out during dinner. There's a long table set up in the middle where I think all the newbies are sitting theres then another table layed out horizontally where I think the royal family is sitting.

The new maids and guards take a seat, and the royal family walk in. The queens dress is a tight green lace. The king wears a white suit with gold buttons. The princess wears a long navy blue dress that has a cut out in the back. And the prince wears a white suit like his father but with silver buttons instead. They all look great.

"Good evening everyone." The Queen smiles. "Evening" everyone mumbles.

Once the food is arrived my mouth waters at the salad, and chicken in my plate. I look up from my plate to see Prince Niall looking at me. He smiles. My eyes widen and I look away.

"Man I never thought I'd have such a good meal." Darla mumbles beside me. "Me either." I agree, finishing what's on my plate not going to look back up.
----

At around 9:00pm Sarah sends everyone to their rooms because according to her we have an eventful day coming up.

I toss and turn in mysleep, the pillows are too fluffy, and the blankets are too thick. Maybe I'll take a walk. I put on a baby blue robe over top of my pjs and walk around the castle until I  hear talking. "I'd like to thank you all for being here tonight for- shit maybe I shouldn't say that." The voice says. They must be talking to themselves. As if on cue the person turns around to see me.

It's Prince Niall. Oh no.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to uh interrupt." I mumble looking at my feet.

"It's alright. You couldn't sleep I'm guessing?" He asks, I look up to see him smiling at me.

"Uh no." I answer.

"Me either. I have to make a speech to all of ireland tomorrow and I'm so nervous I think I might throw up sparkles." He jokes. I laugh, "well I'm sure if that happens all of ireland will think you're some kind of Magican."

"Yes and then sooner or later I'll be shipped off to the circus instead of becoming king." He smiles at me.

There's a silence.

"Um can I ask you something?" He asks.

"Ya sure" I mumble awkwardly. I've never talked to a prince before.

"Okay does this sound good? Good evening everyone thank you all for attending we all really appreciate all that you do for us and we continue to work hard for each and everyone of you"

"It's pretty good. What are you saying this for?" I ask quickly.

"The television tomorrow it's an update in the royal family." He rolls his eyes.

"Oh I see." I nod.

"Can I get you anything?" He asks me.

My eyes widen, "shouldn't I ask you that question?"

"Oh no don't worry about it. I know where to get the best desserts at this time in the castle. Do you want to come with me?" He smiles.

"I should get back to bed though." I shrug.

"Okay, another time then?" He smiles, I  smile back, "Of course your majesty."

"Oh please it's Niall...I didn't ask, what's your name?" He asks.

"(Y/N)" I answer with a small smile.

"That's a lovely name." He smiles.

"Thank you." I try and hide my blush.

"Well good night to you." He reaches for my hand and kisses it lightly. Oh wow.

"You too. " I say looking down at my kissed hand and not the prince .
---------
Sooooo what did you think? 😁

Thank you all for reading!