60: He's a prince pt.5

Rosa wraps my knee so tight I can't even bend it. So when I walk up the stairs I can barely move my knee. I'm frustrated. Frustrated because I can barely walk. Frustrated because everyone is looking at me. Frustrated because I can't climb the stairs. Frustrated because Niall is everywhere always trying to help me.

"Hey, I can take that." Niall says grabbing hold of Emeralds tray that is in my hand. "No stop!" I shout. He steps closer to me,"Are you okay?"
"No I need some space." I breathe, walking away.

"(Y/N) how are you!?" Emerald is already awake and she gives me a tight hug after I set the tray down. "I'm okay." I smile. "Good, I saw what the princess did. I wasn't a fan of her anyway." Emerald frowns. I laugh. "My brother. He must really like you." She says. I shake my head, "no, don't  be silly. He was just making sure I was okay." "He argued with our parents. He defiantly likes you." She smiles. I shake my head and frown. He can do better than me.

"I'm going to see if your clothes are still in one of the dryers." I smile. "Okay. I hope you run into my brother." She teases. I give her a small smile.

I walk down the stairs in pain. I didn't realize my knee would hurt this much. Niall grabs my arm. He's everywhere. "Niall. Leave me alone. Stop worrying about me. I'm a maid you are a prince. Just leave me alone." I say to him. "(Y/N)" he says, I look up at him, "what?" "Stop." He frowns. "Stop what? You stop." I say.

Stupid me.

"Why are you upset with me?" He asks, taking a step closer to me. "Just leave me alone." I mumble.

I fold Emeralds clothing in the laundry room. It doesn't take me long. I walk back up the stairs to her room. "Your clothes. Where would you like me to put them?" I ask. "On my bed please.  You can be dismissed." She says to me. I nod and walk out.

I actually work the whole day. The chef let's me help him put away and clean dishes. "You know...Niall is quite the catch." The chef says. He's probably the same age as Niall and I for a younger cook he makes the best food I've ever tasted. I nod. "I see the way he looks at you. Correction every one in the castle sees how he looks at you. It's cute I've never seen him so intrigued with someone. Especially a girl." He smiles, handing me some cups. I nod again. "You can talk you know. I'm one of Niall's closest friends but I swear I wouldn't say anything to him if you know, you told me you liked him." He grins. He'd be a great friend. "Ya he's a special one." I answer. He smiles. "I'm going to re arrange some trays." I offer. "It's not a fun job but go ahead." He laughs. I laugh as well. I re arrange the trays.

Later in the afternoon Darla and I sweep the main stairs then the floor.

"Hey, here comes your prince in shinning armour." Darla whispers to me. I look up. Niall's eyes meet mine but he turns away. I do the same. This is good. He deserves a princess. "He's not my prince." I say continuing to clean the floor. "Yes he is. He's been yours since you've first met." She smiles. I shake my head, "I'm a maid." "No you're (Y/N). Much more then just a maid." She says. Her kind words cause me to smile,"You're too sweet." "Only because I'm your friend." She grins.
----
Dinner is good. Darla sits beside me. She keeps asking about dessert. "Would you hush." A guard grins at Darla. I look side ways at her to see that she's blushing. I elbow her under the table.

The royal family walk in, Emerald gives everyone a smile. Niall looks at everyone but me. I've messed up. It's for the good.

When dessert comes around I spot brownies. I smile. "Darla, try a brownie." I whisper. She grabs two and takes a bite. "Oh wow." She says her mouth full of brownie. I see the guard that told her to hush smile.

"So who's that guard?" I grin at Darla as we walk back to our room. "His names Aaron. I ran into him at the garden two days ago and we started talking about being clumsy." She smiles. "Ooooooo." I tease. She elbows me. I look up to see Niall coming right to us. "Hi Prince Niall." Darla bows. I do the same. Niall looks like he's about to say something but he just gives her a smile. He walks past me and I'm surprised to feel his fingertips kiss mine. I like him. No, I can't.
------
It's probably bad, the amount of sleep that I get.

I walk around the castle like I do every night. I look out a window that gives me the view of the garden and pool. I really wish to go there.

I don't see Niall anywhere. I just hope he's getting a good nights sleep.
~~~~~
Soooo this one is very short but you all wait for part six because it's going to be great 😉 It might be up tomorrow or Tuesday...