51: It only beats for you

"Hi." Niall smiles when you open your door. In his hands he carries a box of chocolates and his laptop for the project the two of you are working on.

"Hi." You give him a small smile. He walks in and kisses you on the lips quickly before either of your parents walk in to greet him.

You shut the front door and Niall takes off his shoes.

"Hey Niall." Your mom smiles giving him a hug. Your dad does the same but with a handshake instead.

"We are going to go up stairs to work on the project." You smile at your parents. They nod.

"How was your day? You didn't answer any of my calls this afternoon and you walked away from me at lunch. Is everything okay?" Niall asks shutting your bedroom door, and sitting on your bed with the chocolates.

You hate how he knows you so well.

"I'm fine just stressed." You shrug crossing your arms over your chest and sitting down on the floor in front of him.

"Stressed about what?" Niall asks, offering you a chocolate.

"I'm uh failing math. And Amelia is talking behind my back, know when people just look at you and you just sense they know something? Her and her new friends give me this stare when they walk past me and it's really frustrating. Plus Mrs.Tate yelled at me in front of the class today for not doing my homework. Ni, that's the only time I didn't hand something in. It's so annoying how worthless I feel." You rant making circles into the carpet with your fingers. 

"You shouldn't be feeling like this." He says.

"I know." You nod.

"Amelia is probably just jealous you have a boyfriend that loves you unlike she does. And it was just a bad day with Mrs.Tate you know she's hard on you because you do so good in the class. I'll help you with the math part I'm not so bad myself, and you shouldn't feel worthless because it may seem you're worth nothing to one person but-" He cuts himself off and stands to sit down on the floor in front of you. He places your hands on his chest, so you can feel his heartbeat.

"You are priceless to someone else. Do you feel my heartbeat? It only beats for you princess. Don't forget what your worth." Niall smiles with a wink.

"How is it you know what to say?" You grin back at him.

"My mom is a very wise women." He smiles leaning in to kiss your forehead, "oh and if you're stressed about this project I can do most of it myself."

"No no, I'm helping you. You're one of the only people who don't piss me off." You grin.

"Wow, I feel so special." He smiles, you lean in and kiss him on the mouth.
----------

The boy I like smiled at me today ☺️

I hope you all had a good Monday!