44: He makes you insecure

"Ni, stop." You laugh. Niall had just made a joke at dinner with his friends and tickled your side. "Ni, stop." He mocks, causing you to laugh harder, Niall continues to laugh even when yours dies down. "Why do you keep laughing?" You whisper, confused. "Because when you laugh your eyes squint different sizes." He laughs at you, some of his friends joining in. Well, ouch. Not knowing how to reply you nod and look down at your plate.
"Would you like some more water?" The waiter asks you. "No I'm okay thank you." You meant to smile at the waiter, but stop yourself. "Ya (Y/N) and I went for a cruise last week I got sea sick and she would stay in bed with me." Niall smiles, wrapping his arm around you. Last week was fun, a lot of laughing was involved. "Wasn't that fun princess?" Niall looks worriedly at you. He's. Such. An. Idiot. He never watches what he says, thinking everything he says couldn't hurt your feelings. "Ya lots of fun." You nod.

"You okay?" Niall whispers, rubbing your shoulder. "Mhm." You mumble. "I'm just going to use the bathroom." You add without making eye contact with him. Niall's arm moves back to his side, and he gets into conversation with his smiling friends. You hurry to the bathroom and smile into the mirror. You've noticed before that your eyes squint different sizes when you smile, but it was never a big deal to you until Niall pointed it out, laughing. Is that why he laughs every time you laugh, or smile genuinely at him?

You walk back over to the table. "Hey, are you sure you're okay?" Niall asks, putting his hand on your thigh. "Um, I'm not really feeling well." You shrug, still looking away from him. "(Y/N), look at me." Niall whispers. You swallow a piece of lettuce from your Cesar salad looking at him. "Talk to me." He whispers. "We will be right back." Niall smiles to his friends. They nod not looking bothered. Niall takes your hand and leads you outside of the restaurant. "What happened? You don't seem happy." Niall says taking off his jacket and putting it over your bare shoulders when you two reach outside. A force of habit. "Why aren't you smiling?" Niall smiles, you know he's trying to make you feel better but you feel annoyed more then anything. "You need to watch what you say." You state. "What?" Niall asks. "You laughed at me, saying my eyes squint different sizes." You roll your eyes. "You misunderstood that. I wasn't making fun of you." Niall shakes his head, grabbing your hands. "I love when your eyes do that, it's one of the many things I love about you. Why in the world would I make fun of the girl that makes me happy and proud?" Niall asks, stroking your cheek. "You're an idiot." You laugh. "So are you." Niall smiles. "Do you just want to go home?" Niall asks you. "It doesn't matter to me, as long as I'm with you." You shrug with a smile. Niall pokes your cheek, "absolutely, stunningly beautiful." You hear him mumble, as he wraps his arms around you.
---------
How's everyone's March/spring break going?

It's finally nice outside!!!