Chapter 80

Elina's POV

The battle was going to begin from today and Natalia had suggested me to teleport Diana and Vitan to Australia with the help of one of our Vampire guards who had the special ability to teleport. Khalida was aware of Diana and Vitan's presence in the castle and I knew she would try her level best to harm them. Australia was something she had no idea of.

"El please please take care of yourself."

Diana said while she wiped the tear from her face.

"Don't worry Diana. I know she can take care of herself and the others too."

Vitan added with a playful smirk on his face. No doubt he was referring to what I had done to him and the girl with whom he was cheating on me.

"I will Diana Vitan is right and I will bring you back after all this is over."

"Do you have any idea how long will this take?"

Diana said.

"Till we kill the leader of the enemy or force them to surrender."

Zack added while he walked in front of them in the opposite direction from where I stood. He was still not ready to talk to me which was slowly killing me and weakening me from the inside.

"Take care of her bro."

Vitan hugged Zack one last time before holding hands with Natalia, Diana and the guard.

In the blink of an eye the four of them disappeared in the air.

"We should get ready. The enemy is powerful because she has King Valtor by her side and strong new born vampires."

I heard Osborne yelling at us.

"You need to cool down Osborne."

I joked to which he did not bother to respond and left to check the guards. Zack was about to follow Osborne when I stopped him.

"Zack.. I wanted to tell you something. I thought of saying it on a perfect day but I guess I should not hide it anymore."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm pregnant."

"WHAT.."

"I wanted to give you this news after we get back together. But I don't know what is going to happen today. Osborne is right Khalida is strong and so are we but I think this should not be delayed. Who knows if I can survive this or not. Khalida wants to kill me and she will do everything possible to do that. I will make sure to keep everyone else safe from her for as long as I can but I don't want to keep you into darkness so.."

I was so nervous that I just kept on blabbering things trying to convince him to believe whatever I said. Before I could speak further he hugged me tightly. I kept on waiting for him to say something but he walked away to the direction where Osborne went.

Maybe he was still annoyed or maybe he didn't like my idea of hiding things from him. Or maybe it was just the stress before the battle.

"He is stressed that's it. Give him some time."

Zack's mom said.

"I am extremely sorry Elina. We had no intentions of keeping this secret away from you and Zack. He is still not talking to me and Tony. We never got a perfect chance of telling you about it."

"Its okay mom. I understand. At that moment my thoughts were clouded by the feeling of being betrayed again and this time in the worst way ever. And the vision still haunts me. Maybe after this battle I will be able to sleep peacefully."

"We are with you honey. Your father will get justice we will make sure he does."

"Thank you."

***

The battle had begun and Khalida had attacked us from all the sides. Her guards were strong, faster than us and their healing power was incredible. Our Army on the other hand had a hard time fighting them but their experience and bravery was giving them success slowly. Valtor's army had targeted on the Castle and I knew they wanted to get in the Castle to capture me or atleast harm the humans inside. Natalia's idea of teleporting Diana and Vitan was great.

The battle was on for hours but we couldn't see any progress. It seemed that we were being outnumbered by Khalida's army. I could see Khalida and two men progressing their way towards the castle.

"Its time. Let's go brother."

Osborne said to Zack wearing his gloves and picked up the silver sword. Zack immediately picked up the gloves and slipped them on both his hands to avoid getting harmed by silver of the dagger he had in his hand.

"I'm coming too."

I insisted while searching for my weapons.

"No Elina in this condition I cannot allow you to fight against them."

"But Zack I feel stronger. Much more stronger than what I am usually. I'm sure I can take them down easily."

"I said no."

Zack yelled at me with anger one last time and left with Osborne. I saw Zack's father too meeting them down but Zack ignored him like he kept doing from these days.

"I don't really care if we win or loose I just hope everything gets back to normal like it was earlier."

I said to myself watching Zack swiftly showing his sword skills on the battle field. He was ancient and he knew to use the weapons but on the other hand I was totally unaware of what to do with them.

I saw a vampire running towards Zack with a shining dagger in his hand. Zack was busy defending himself with another vampire who was equally good with the sword. I gasped and tried to warn him but the sound of swords clashing and men screaming was too much. He was too much concentrated in what he was doing that he won't even try to listen to my thoughts. I saw the vampire almost reaching Zack when something hit him making him fell on the ground.

"I hate I-know-it-all-newbies..!"

I turned to my left to find Maya with her arrow.

"Gosh.. That was freaking close."

She sighed.

"Thanks Maya."

"You're welcome. Your husband and his brother wanted us to stay inside and be safe. I guess it's someone else who needs to be safe."

She joked while she waved at Zack. Zack mouthed her a quick thank you and removed his dagger from the pocket and stabbed it through the Vampire's heart. She ran towards her sisters who had joined the battle. Trisha swayed her hunter on the vampires like a pro and it burnt the body of the Vampire. The hunter was dipped in holy water and it seemed to be the most stylish weapon to me. Kaira kept on shooting the vampires with her gun which had silver bullets and Siya worked her sword better than Zack.

Brian and Aluna too had charged on the vampires along with their packs snatching their body parts away from their body and then throwing it away like a piece of garbage. Despite of the best people on our side, I could see the vampires on Khalida's side still progressing towards the castle.