Chapter 24

I felt myself trying hard to breathe. I knew something was wrong with me. I had to hold it till we reach. Everybody was already in a great mess. I could see their tired faces, baggy eyes and dark circles.

Its just a matter of few minutes El. Hold on. Don't let him know.

And then the car stopped abruptly.

"What's wrong?"

Aahh.. I forgot he can read my thoughts..

"Nothing is wrong."

I had already started breathing heavily.

Linda quickly adjusted something in the oxygen tank and I instantly started feeling better. But that was not the end. I was getting restless. I held Zack's hand firmly as everthing around me started spining.

"Zack her blood pressure is falling. You have to do it now. Take a left from here. Its a small lane which has jungle on all the sides. That will be the right place. Quick!"

I heard Linda instructing Zack as he quickly started driving and took a very rough turn. My ability to sense the environment was getting faded with every passing second. Zack was still holding my hand as he kept driving in that small lane which was not that well maintained.

"Ouch..!"

I cried as the car kept falling in the puddles.

"I'm sorry.. Just hold on love. We are there."

"I'm scared."

"No no El.. It won't hurt. Zack won't hurt you. You are only going to make things more complicated if you scare yourself. Don't think about it. Zack is gonna take care of you."

Linda said.

I saw Zack leaning towards me kissing my cheeks.

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes..!"

"Close your eyes."

I closed my eyes and felt his fangs piercing through my skin. He sucked the blood out of my body. The pain was so intense that I grabbed Zack's arm and Linda was holding my hand. After few seconds it felt so peaceful. Everything felt amazing. All the chaos, all the pain was all gone. I felt so light weighted, I couldn't feel my body at all.

Slowly slowly I was drifting in a peaceful world. I was passing out again. Or maybe dying?

Camilie's POV

I was continuously checking behind looking for El's car. But it was nowhere to be seen. Loosing my patience I asked Osborne to call Zack.

"He isn't receiving. Maybe he is driving so."

Osborne said.

"I'll call Linda."

Natalia said.

She stepped out of the car and spoke to her for a while. She came in the car smiling.

"They have stopped by Mcdonald's to get something to eat. They bought some beans salad for Elina from the neighbouring cafe. They will be a little late. But no need to worry."

I took a sigh of relief. Osborne started driving but something inside me was making me feel extra worried for El. I knew she was with Zack and I didn't have to think so much. She has taken care of her like a child all these days. I shook the thought out of my head and played some songs on my Ipod to distract myself.

Linda's POV

"Zack are you sure you are not killing her?"

He didn't response. I was scared to death.

"Zackk!"

I shook him vigorously. I was used to being with Natalia and Osborne and I knew quite much about them. But Zack was new to me. I did not know how he would react but I had to save Elina.

"Zack you are killing her damit. Stop it. The venom has reached her veins. Stop sucking all the blood from her body."

He still did not stop. I called Zack's father. But nobody picked up. Then I knew what was suppose to be done.

"You killed her Zack. You killed her. Was this your love? I pity this girl that she layed her trust on you. Bloody murderer."

He stopped abruptly, his mouth covered with her blood. He shook her body vigorously.

"El..? El..? No El.. El..!"

I grabbed my stethoscope from my bag and checked her heartbeat. It was beating but at an extremely low pace.

"She's alive."

"Wh.. What?"

"I'm sorry I had to say all that. Or else you would have killed her in the next second."

"No.. No thanks. You saved her. Thank you so much."

"Your welcome. But she is going to sleep for I don't know how many days. And how are we going to hide this mark"

"Fuck.. What shall we do?"

My phone started ringing and it was Nat..!

Thank God !

"Nat thank God you called!"

"Hey Linda. How's it going. We can't see your car anywhere near us."

I instantly knew Mrs. Leslie was nearby.

"Can you please step away from her please?"

"What? Wait I can't hear you... Linda..? Let me walk outside..." She excused herself from then.

"What the fuck happened?"

I told her everything very quickly.

"Okay. Relax. Just hide the bite mark with some foundation and concealer. I am telling them that you guys stopped by Mcdonald's and a nearby cafe to get something to eat. When you come back tell us that she was getting restless because of her falling blood pressure so you had to give her sedatives and bring her at Zack's home. She has to stay with us."

"Alright."

I hung up the phone and explained everything to Zack. I grabbed my bag and took out some cotton and antiseptic liquid and cleaned the blood from her neck. I dabbed some foundation on her skin making it look just fine. I applied a little concealer ans blended it properly.

"Whoaah..!! You girls are magicians."

"I know that right..!"

Zack had to dump his clothes as it was covered with blood. He cleaned his face and we drove back home.