Chapter 66

Zack's POV

We were done with the packing of the bags and we had 5 hours left for our flight back to Scotland. Trisha and her sisters were going to meet us at the Airport itself and I was now waiting at the door watching Elina get ready.

"You know you don't need makeup. You are beautiful the way you are."

"Nobody wears makeup to look better or beautiful. Its just a way to highlight the features."

"Alright alright. But.. nevermind"

I knew argument with a woman will give me no good results.

Camilie's POV

"I will pray for your sister to get well very soon. And all the best for your new start in Salzburg."

Last night when I happily told Khalida that Elina will be returning back to Scotland on day after tomorrow, she looked as if she had something in her head. Later she told me that her sister had met with an accident and was in desperate need for some care. She also mentioned to stay there with her as she really missed her all the time.

Having Khalida as my new neighbor helped me not to miss Elina too much. But that too seemed to be a short term happiness.

"Thanks Camilie. I don't think I could ever get a neighbor like you. You really make anyone feel comfortable with your presence."

"Ohhh Khalida... You are like my daughter. Bring your sister here someday."

"I promise I won't ignore this invitation of yours."

A shiver ran through my body making the hair on the back of my neck stand when Khalida promised me to get her sister with her along next time. Something seemed very off about her today. She looked zoned out and her words felt like a riddle to my brain as if they had some other meaning in it. She wore a smile on her face like always but this time my instincts told me it was something else.

Shrugging my thoughts away I hugged her one last time and watched her hop in her cab which drove off in a matter of seconds.

"I must really start meditating. Being away from Elina is really getting problematic for me. I'm assuming things and who knows some day I started seeing those things too."

Rubbing my temples I walked inside the house. I heard my phone ringing as I weakly climbed the stairs.

Reaching my bedroom I checked my phone to see Rose's name flashing on the screen.

"Rose..!"

"How are you Cam"

"I'm doing just fine Rose. Tell me about you."

"The kids will be arriving tomorrow and we have a small reception here. Are you sure you cannot make it?"

"I tried a lot love but the work load seems to be too much. It just keeps on piling up in a strange way. I swear never in my life I had so much work pressure."

"I understand hon. Elina and Zack will be there with you after the ceremony."

"I will be waiting desperately."

After gossiping for a little longer Rose disconnected the call saying that she had some important work to do.

I knew there was a lot of work and less amount of time left for the reception. I was so engrossed talking about the reception stuff and other gossip I totally forgot to mention about the new short term neighbor I got. I decided to talk about it when Zack and Elina comes back and I felt my instincts forcing me to talk about it right now. I really did not want to bother Rose and Tony so I decided to shrug that instinct feelings I have been getting from few minutes. Something was going to happen but I was totally clueless of what is that something.

Checking the time on the phone it was already time for me to wake up and continue with my daily chores. My eyes were still heavy due to lack of sleep as I had spent half the night with Khalida and had to wake up an hour before as Khalida was leaving for Salzburg. After debating with myself for a while with going back to bed and bunking work and doing what I used to do normally I finally walked towards the bathroom and decided to take a warm shower to help me wake up and get rid of the heavy eyes.