Chapter 18

Zack's POV

She could feel the bond. But she couldn't understand how strong that bond is and how important it is for us. Just like oxygen, we needed to be together because we were meant to be together.

Her experience with Vitan had made her build walls around her. She wasn't letting me in and this was hurting me much more.

I was sitting on my couch rewinding the moment when Elina left me standing alone in the rain. I stood there watching her sit in a cab and driving away from me. I knew I had to take this slow. I had to give her time. But I also knew that it was really important for her to know what I am. Because she was going to be a vampire too.

"Zack... Why don't you just tell her everything. Tell her that she has to be with you forever. This is what the destiny had planned for her."

"Dad..! She is my mate and I love her the most in this world. I want her to love me back. I want her to understand the bond that we share. I can't just claim her. She isn't a toy or a material that someone can claim."

"Tony... Don't be silly. She is a human. She is not strong like us. Plus it will be her decision. We are not going to force anything on her."

My mom said supporting me. She walked towards me and hugged me.

"I'm so proud of you Zack."

And then I heard the sound of a car roaring. I ran towards my window to see Elina's mother driving the car. She was alone.

I thought she might be going out for some work maybe. I knew Elina had not returned back home. And I knew she won't be coming home so early. She was probably sitting somewhere isolated, getting some air down her lungs.

There was a knock on the door and my mom walked in with my cousin, Osborne.

"Hey man..! How you doing?"

Osborne was my favorite cousin. He lived in Cairns. He was very lucky to find his mate in the college where he became an engineer. She was a vampire too. Australia having a very less population as compared to the land and space they had, made it easier to stay there as it helped us to stay away from the human civilization.

"Osborne..! I'm so happy to see you brother. I'm doing fine. How are you. How is Natalia.?"

"Natalia is the same rocking her and my life."

And the thought of Elina and me being together crossed my mind. I imagined myself living with El and my daughter. I know vampires cannot reproduce. Its not impossible but its very rare. But somehow I knew I would have a beautiful daughter. I would keep her as my princess. And El will be the Queen of my life. I just can't wait for the day I will be ruled by the most beautiful ladies on this planet.

"Lost in thoughts?"

"Yeah man..!"

"Whatsup with Elina?"

"She just doesn't let him in..!"

My father answered for me.

Osborne gave me and my father a confused look.

"Its not like that. Dad please you know things well."

My dad frowned and made his way to his bedroom.

"What is it?"

"Bro she loves me. But something had happened with her in her past because of which she doesn't allow any guy in her life"

"How are you gonna make her understand things?"

"I don't know. I'm thinking the same. I just hope I find a way out of this."

"Chill bro. You will."

We sat in the living room discussing about life, work, etc.

Few hours later.

We were sipping our black coffee when I saw from the window Elina's mom driving in. Elina was not with her. Her mother looked devastated.

Something is wrong.

I ran outside towards her.

"Mrs. Leslie.. Is everything okay?"

The expression that she was holding now left her face and she burst into tears. I hugged her to console her but the words which next came out of her mouth left me devastated and shattered.

"El.. She is in the hospital. She met with a severe accident."