Chapter 70

Elina's POV

I was standing on a straight deserted road. It was pitch dark and only light I could see was coming from a single street lamp which was lit on the other end of the road. I heard sound of someone running and before I could turn to see who that person was, he ran through me as if I wasn't there. I saw him taking a rough left turn towards another narrow alley. I started running behind him to see what was happening. While I was running I heard sound of few more footsteps of more then one person running. As I turned behind to see who were they a heavy blow of wind passed through me followed by few more. It felt as if someone too ran through me but with an unbelievable speed. Following the direction of the man who ran first I walked towards the same alley and took a left turn. Before I could walk further I saw the man standing in front of me. The road had a dead end and it seemed as if he was trapped. His face was covered because of two ladies standing in front me with their backs facing me. I spotted a man standing with his back resting on the side wall of the alley. His face was tilted towards the man in front of him. I walked a little further ahead to see who was the man running from them. As I walked ahead I saw a tall man with familiar green eyes standing in front of me. He wore his formal clothes  and his tie hung loose around his neck. My eyes grew wide when realization hit me. It was my father standing in front of me in an abandoned alley alone running from few people. His face was covered with sweat and he was trying hard to bring his breathing back to normal.

"Dad..!"

I cried as I tried to walk towards him and save him from whoever he was running from. Before I could step further I saw the man standing at the wall move ahead of me. He pulled out a sharp knife from the cloak he wore.

"John. Tell me where she is."

The guy asked dad.

"Away from your reach. Somewhere safe from this evil world."

My father replied with confidence and fear.

"You know you can live if you tell us where she is."

Said one of the girls standing in front of him. The voice seemed familiar to my ears but the scene in front of me did not allow me to concentrate on trying to recognize it.

The next moment I saw the man walking towards dad and before I could register anything he harshly ran the knife through my father's stomach making him scream in pain.

"Noo.. please no don't hurt him."

I cried but whatever I said went unheard. Tears started running down my cheeks as I saw my father crying in pain while blood started oozing out of his stomach.

"I would prefer dying instead of telling you my daughter's location. You will never find her."

Dad spat at them and I saw another grabbing the knife of the man's hand and stabbed the knife in his stomach.

*****

Water splashed out of the bath tub as I tried to catch my breathe while my body rose from the water in the tub. I was no more in an unknown alley and there was no darkness. The water in the bathtub had now cooled down and the foam in it also had almost disappeared. By now I knew why and how my father died. This was because of me. He died trying to save me from few evil people. But what did they want from a 4 year old girl. I was no threat for anyone in the world. Several questions started crossing my mind which had to be cleared. I also wanted to ask mom if she was aware of what had happened.

Drying my hair I was still debating on my decision of calling mom right now or later.

"Are you ready Elina?"