Chapter 42

Zack's POV.

We were ready to leave for the court. That little amount of sleep had helped us clear our minds and be ready for whatever that was about to happen.

"Honey listen. We are not disclosing your gift today at the court. So don't do anything that would reveal our secret."

"Alright love."

"And are you sure your werewolf friend won't puke out any of our secrets."

"I'm positive baby. Just trust me on this."

"As you say."

I did not like Elina's friendship with Brian. He was a stinky dog who had intentions of harming my mate. And now he was behaving as if he was her best friend. I did not doubt Elina at all but all I was afraid of was her safety. Elina and Brian were very good friends and they called each other on daily basis. I did not want to see my mate sad again so I decided to go with the flow.

"I'm ready."

Elina said bringing me back to the world.

"Let's go then?"

I gave her my hand and she happily took it. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She looked so elegantly beautiful. She wore a black skin fit gown which was backless. Her hair was tied up in a high bun neatly and her makeup was just minimal. She did not really needed to wear makeup to look beautiful. She just had to highlight her features which ended up making her look like a goddess.

"What are you thinking?"

"God must be very happy with me to send you as my given. Damn.. I'm so much into you..!"

My words made her blush like a teenage girl and she quickly kissed me on the cheeks.

"You can adore me later on honey. There some serious buisness that has to be taken care off."

"Sure my Princess."

We walked out of the room and climbed down the stairs and reached the massive hallway to meet Brian who was waiting for someone.

"You are looking gorgeous El..!"

He complimented her.

"Elina sounds better."

I hissed at him and I found my mate and the dog bursting into laughter.

"I told you he will react like this."

Elina said between her fit of laughter.

"Man.. She is my best friend and I will never try to harm her."

Brian said patting my back which I shrugged off.

"Vampires and Werewolves CANNOT be friends."

I groaned making sure I say the word 'cannot' with an uter hatred.

"Babe. We have researched about this. And we both did not find a logical reason behind this enemity. So we ran into the conclusion of changing the old times."

Elina said happily while Brian extended his elbow towards her and she took it.

"We aren't walking in like this?"

I was no way in this motherfucking universe going to walk into my bloody castle's court room with my mate holding mine as well my enemy's hand.

"Ohh come on.. It is going to be fun."

They both giggled and dragged me towards the courtroom.

I whined and tried to hold back but damn these newborns have their strength at its peak which was not a good thing for me at the moment.