Chapter 25

Zack's POV.

We reached home and I took El at my place and layed her on my bed. I thought of informing her mother so I made my way to her home.

I pressed the door bell and I heard her mother's faint voice.

"Come in..! Its open."

I gently pulled the door knob and stepped inside.

"Oh.. Zack.. I was so worried. Get her in."

"Umm.. Mrs. Leslie, El.. umm.. She is sleeping in my room"

"Why?"

"Actually on the way her blood pressure started drifting badly. So Linda treated her on the spot and she gave her some sedatives."

"Get her here then."

"I came here to ask you something. Is it okay if I keep her at my place. I mean you go to work and nobody is at home to take care of her. Here we have my parents, my cousin, sister-in-law and most important we have Linda staying with us till she recovers totally."

I was damn nervous. It was just next door but for a mother it wasn't easy.

"Okay..! I know whatever you do for Elina is for her betterment."

"Thanks for laying your trust ma'am."

"Get habituated to calling me mom."

I scratched the back of my neck trying to hide my blush.

"Care to join me for a coffee?"

"I'm craving for one"

"Superb! Make yourself comfortable. I'll be back soon."

"Do you want me to help?"

"No I'll get this done."

"Cool!"

I jumped on the bean bag in front of the TV and shuffled some channels trying to find something of my interest. I stopped it when I saw a WWE channel. I placed the remote on the table beside the bean bag and something caught my eye. It was photograph of a young man in his late twenties. He had deep green eyes just like El, brown hair, he wore a black suit and looked smiling from the picture.

"Coffee is ready..!"

Mrs. Leslie came in with 2 mugs of coffee. Its aroma spread all over the room.

"Oh.. That's my husband John's photo. He died when Elina was 4 years old."

I think I knew who that person in the photograph. I was just not able to recollect how did I know him.

"Zack..?"

"Huh..?"

"Stop dreaming. The coffee is getting cold."

"Oh yes. Thank you."

I sipped in the coffee, it was the best coffee I had ever tasted.

"I love it"

"Thank you."

"El got her eyes and hair complexion from her father..!"

"Yes she did. Everytime I look into her eyes I could see him. She is just like her father."

I smiled at her.

"How did he die?"

"He.. uuhh.. It was an accident."