Chapter 23

Zack's POV.

Dr. Woods had arrived after few hours and Linda was with Mrs. Leslie in his cabin getting all the formalities done. Natalia was helping El get changed as her ligament of the spinal cord was broken and she couldn't sit or stand on her own. The nurse had also removed her urine bag.

"You can go in now."

Natalia told me and I rushed inside to find El dressed in a white shirt and black shorts. The nurses were dressing up the places where her IV was inserted. She still had one IV on and her oxygen mask was still with her. She was now given a small tank of oxygen and it was not the huge oxygen mask covering her face but a thin pipe which had its passage into her nose.

"I look like the girl from 'The Fault In Our Stars' I don't remember her name."

"Movie freak..!"

"I know I am..!"

The nurses double checked all the dressing that they had done. One of the nurses helped El to gulp in her medicines. She made weird faces as she pushed the tablets down her throat. I couldn't help but laugh at her expressions.

"I know I make weird faces. I hate medicines."

"Everyone does. See you soon in a much more healthy state."

An older looking nurse said and she made her way out of the ward leaving us alone.

"Feels so good to be out of the hospital gown."

"Looks good to me too."

We both burst into laughter.

"I hope it doesn't hurt much." El said referring to my fangs. "Can I see them?"

I smiled at her and slowly moved towards her so that I can face my back towards the camera. I showed her my fangs and surprisingly she did not get scared. She rather found it amusing.

"You have eternity for this!" I said.

"I'll go check with the doctor."

She nodded as she continued eating the fruit salad that her mother had brought for her.

Elina's POV.

I was nervous and excited for what was going to happen to me. I scooped the raspberries out from the small tiffin which had Greek yoghurt and raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries in it. My obsession for berries was not going to end at all.

"I'm going to eat you the same way even after becoming a vampire."

I giggled at myself as I spoke to my berry salad.

"You should start keeping an eye on your surrounding when you talk all this?"

I almost jumped with utter shock. It was Osborne. Zack told me he is his cousin and Natalia, who helped me dress up was his wife.

"Uhh. Yea. I'm sorry. I'll be careful."

"You better be."

His voice sounded dark and full with horror. We both kept staring at each other for a while when he broke in laughing. And I joined him.

"Don't ever take me seriously. Just be careful when you talk all that"

"I will be. Thank you."

I said as I tried to control my laughter. My body ached. I was so weak.

"So I am here to escort you to the reception."

He disappeared outside and came back with a wheel chair.

"Let's go for a ride.!!"

"Yayy.."

Osborne held me bridal style and carried me gently helping me sit on the wheelchair. It had a cute mini gear (that's what I called it) which helped me change directions. I took 10 minutes to study how to use it and I slowly made my way out of the ward studying the area surrounding.

"Zack is downstairs at the reception. Take a right and then straight to take the escalator."

I followed his directions and he walked behind me. I found my mother waiting near the escalator.

"Mumma..!"

"Baby.. Look at you.. Get rid of these pipes soon."

"In no time mumma."

"Let's go." Natalia interrupted us.

"Zack is waiting. He is done with the payment."

"Why did he?" My mother said.

"Its totally fine Mrs. Leslie. Elina is family."

"Yea but I'm gonna pay it anyway."

"Okay okay..!" Osborne said holding his hands up to surrender.

My mother smiled and the doors of the escalator opened and few people rushed out of it. We immediately got in and pressed 0.

We met Zack standing right in front of the window with his hands folded to his chest. His face lit up with a very heart warming smile when he saw me.

"Let her take care of that beautiful"

He said as he helped me with the wheelchair.

"Zack... I'm not beautiful."

I told him as we got in the car. The others were busy keeping all the stuff in the car.

"Don't you ever say that. You are always beautiful. Just because you got your hair shaved doesn't mean that you are not beautiful. You have the same beautiful eyes, the same amazing smile, the same pure heart.."

I couldn't take it any longer. Before he could say something further I smashed my lips on his and kissed him with urgency.

"Its just a few minutes ride home. You can continue this later."

We abruptly stopped kissing when I heard Linda teasing us.

"I'm sorry."

"You both are so adorable love birds. Come on lets get started."

She said as she sat on the back seat with us. My mother was in another car with Osborne and Natalia.

Zack hit the ignition and we drove our way home.