Chapter 45

Elina's POV

I woke up in the morning without Zack beside me. All these days every time I woke up, I used to find him sleeping or staring at me. I got up from my bed and checked the washroom but he wasn't there. I got and brushed by teeth,had a quick shower. I tied the knot of the bathrobe around my waste and my hair was wrapped in my old very soft T-shirt. Yeah I did not like to dry up my hair with towels, they are too heavy for our wet hair which is very weak. The old cotton T-shirt soaks all the excess water from my hair without damaging it. YouTube has given me a lot of knowledge.

I walked to my dressing table and connected my hair dryer to the socket underneath the table. And switched it on. I had started drying up my hair when I saw a piece of paper probably a sticky note on my mirror. I removed it from the mirror and read the message Zack had left for me. I read the note and called Zack. Everytime I called him, it went unanswered.

"Surprise...!!"

I almost jumped with shock when I heard a familiar voice. It was Brian standing at the door, he had a wide smile on his face. He had a small box in his hand which was gift wrapped. He walked in pulling me in a hug. He seemed to he extremely happy but for what??

He swept me off my feet and started whirling me in circles. My head started paining because of this as we both laughed out loud. I was sure our voice was being echoed in the entire castle.

"What's the matter Brian..? What makes you so happy..?"

"You..!"

"Oh well..! I know I do. But this is some extra happiness. What is it.?"

I arched an eyebrow at him when he finally helped me stand on my feet.

"Happy two months anniversary of our friendship El..!"

I was left with no words. He handed me the box which I desperately opened to find a very cute teddy bear in it.

It was a white colour teddy bear which had blue wings which meant it was an angle teddy bear. It wore a cute blue shinny ribbon around its neck and a Tiara of artificial flowers and leaves was kept on it head. The right feet of the teddy said HOLD ME.

 The right feet of the teddy said HOLD ME

"I think I'll die with happiness."

"Happy anniversary Brian. I'm sorry I did not get anything for you. I have no knowledge about this anniversary stuff. I'm bad with remembering dates."

"Don't be sorry babe. Since you have become the angel of my life, I thought of gifting you this. And I thought today would be the best day to do that..!"

"Thank you so much. And.. and happy anniversary Brian..!"

I hugged him again and kissed him on his cheeks. He blushed instantly.

"Aww.. Look at that blush..!"

"That's not a blush.." he frowned but in a cute way.

"Where is Zack?"

"He uhh.. went for some work. Work of some court."

"Alright.. Do you have any plans for today?"

"I guess.. no..!"

"Let's go for our Lunch then. Even the breakfast. Let's have a day out basically. And in the evening you have.."

He paused abruptly. For a second I thought that he was about to say something which he was not supposed to. And like all girls, I became more curious for it.

"I have to..?"

"Nothing El..!"

"Tell me Brian.."

"Huh.. okay.. I thought of taking you out on a dinner too but I thought of keeping it as a surprise."

"I think I just ruined it. Nevermind, I will behave like Im surprised. Ok?"

"Sounds cool to me. I am waiting in downstairs. Get ready and come down."

I agreed and watched him leaving. I placed the teddy bear on my bed in my place and turned to check the clothes to wear. After searching for like ten minutes, I was frustrated.

"I don't have clothes..!"

I was speaking to myself. I felt I did not have clothes at all or maybe it was something else. I did not find them because I had not arranged them in a proper manner in the wardrobe.

I closed my eyes and extended my hand inside the wardrobe and pulled out a grey colour skirt which had a slit at the side and the next thing that came in my hand was a sweatshirt. A black colour sweatshirt which had a pair of cat's eyes, a nose, moustache and the mouth weaved on it.

I was too lazy for checking the messy wardrobe plus I did not want to make Brian wait for long. I quickly wore the sweatshirt and my skirt. Looking at myself in the mirror I thought I looked just fine. The sweatshirt was not a long length one luckily so it ended just above my waist. I completed my look with a pair of grey shoes. A perfect casual look..!

I did a little bit of makeup and hung a peach colour sling bag on my shoulder and wore my sunglasses. I found myself getting irritated by the sunlight nowadays. I loved the night and its darkness. Just a characteristic of a bat. I was totally okay with this change.

I left my room and met Brian waiting near the stairs.

**********************************

Hello babies..!!

Honestly, I had thought of writing more in this chapter. And I wanted to put the proposal part too in it. But just when I wrote the last sentence of this chapter, my devil's mind suggested me to tease you guys a little bit more.

So ha ha ha *devil's laugh*

I am ending this chapter right here. And I'm gonna go read the other book from my reading list. And continue the book a little later 😈

Till then keep guessing and ofcourse scolding me..!!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share the book.

Bye bye..

Loads of Love - Karishma Yadav. 😘