Chapter 27

Diana's POV

I drove back to the shopping mall and dropped her home. Its truly said

True Value Of A Person Is Felt When They Are Gone Away From You.

I dropped my mother at home and drove to meet Vitan. To meet Vitan, I had to pass through Elina's house. Tears rolled down my eyes when I passed her house. I pulled in front of his house and walked towards the door.

"Hey.. Babe what's wrong?"

"Can I come in please?"

Vitan quietly moved aside to let me in.

"Tell me?"

"Elina.."

"What happened to her?"

"She met with an accident. Its been a week approximately. She is home today. I got this news from her colleague Megan. I though of seeing her. I know I did wrong with you and then with my best friend. I had so many friends in high school but for her it was only me."

Vitan gave me a glass of water.

"I'm sorry for being such an ass and trying to hit on Zack. But trust me I have changed. Today when Megan told me about the accident I felt deeply hurt. I was suppressing this feeling. I love her the most. She is still my best friend. I wanna apologize. I wanna make up for the loss I had done."

"Let's go see her."

"Zack won't let me in. He insulted me. Infact he said the truth and truth is always bitter."

"Its okay babe. Let's go. I'll talk to him. Even I need to apologize for the loss. We both never understood her."

He wrapped his arms around me for a hug.

The day Vitan caught me red handed lying to him for Zack, he had broken all contacts with me. That is when I realised that how badly I needed him to be in my life. I had managed to convince him that I won't do the same mistake again. And I had made up my mind to keep the promise.

Vitan's POV

We decided to walked to Elina's house as it was just few blocks away. I reached the front door of her house and found it locked. I dialed her number to hear an unfamiliar sound on the other side.

"Hello?"

"Hi.. uhh.. This is Vitan. I wanted to speak to El. I actually came to meet her but her door is locked. By the way may I know whom I'm speaking to?"

"This is.." she took a pause.

"Chuck it. Its none of your buisness. Hold on a minute."

Weirdo..!

I heard her calling out for Zack. She told him its me and I heard the sound of the phone being shuffled.

"Hey Vitan. Did Diana came crying to you to complain about me"

I could clearly guess him smirking.

"Bro we just wanna see El. She is regretting for what she has done. Trust me I would have never brought her here if she was not honest enough."

"Wait..! Are you here?"

"Yes. But her door is locked."

"Oh wait."

I heard him walking around.

"Look towards your right"

I saw him waving his hand towards me.

"Come in here. She is with me"

The thought of El being with him made me feel a little jealous but I threw that feeling aside and walked towards his house holding Diana's hand.

Zack introduced me to his family. They seemed to be quite weird to me. Especially his sister-in-law. She had tons of attitude and it was not difficult for me to makeout that she was the one who spoke to me on the phone.

"She is on high doses of sedatives. The doctor has restricted people from going near her. She is not strong enough to fight the bacteria and germs."

Diana walked inside and sat on a chair which was at quite a good distance from her.

"I'm sorry El. Wake up soon. I wanna hug you so badly."

Diana said as tears rolled down her cheeks. I walked towards her and hugged her. Zack was near El holding her hands and kissed her lips. I frowned.

Why does it affect me..!

I thought.

Wait..! Wasn't she supposed to stay away from people? Because of some infection shit? And this man is kissing her lips and holding her hands?

I instantly knew that Zack didn't want us to be near El. Maybe he didn't trust us.

Why would he? You both are the major reason of all her sorrow.

I shifted my gaze from him and brushed Diana's hair away from her face.

"Dinner time..!"

A middle aged woman said peeping into the room. She was Zack's mother. She was beautiful. The age did not affect her beauty at all. How was that possible?

"The guests also have to join us."

"Oh.. No no ma'am. We are just fine. We would like to take an off now. We will be visiting El as and when we get time. Please ask her to talk to us when she is awake."

"Sure we will. But please join us. We would love to have you for dinner with us."

The lady chirped and disappeared back from where she had come.

"She is stubborn. Come on."

Zack said and I followed him nodding my head.

"Can I use the washroom please?"

"Sure. Come with me."

Zack took us to another adjacent room and Diana entered its washroom while we were still waiting outside.

"Where is Mrs. Leslie?"

I asked as I finally got a chance to ask about her.

"She had to go for an urgent meeting for work to Budapest. And we had decided to keep El with us till she is fully recovered. Linda is a doctor so she gets personal attention."

I recollected the girl's face when he introduced me to her family.

"She is lucky to have you. You take good care of her. She definitely deserved you."

He had his head low looking at his feet and I saw him smiling softly.

"No. I am lucky to have her. And I will make sure she gets all the attention and love than anybody else."

I smiled at him warmly and the bathroom door creeked open as Diana walked out smiling at me.

We followed Zack to the dinning area. His house was fucking huge. And the food was amazingly yumm..!