Chapter 3

I blushed at his comment.

"I'm glad too.!"

The lecture went on and we discovered that we had English,Physics and Math lectures together. It didn't take a lot of time for us to become good friends.

I also came to know that we lived just three blocks away from each other.

We started hanging out together. We bunked our classes, went for movies, spent our Sundays at each other's place eating Ice cream and watching Netflix. He was the only friend of mine. I didn't really get time to make friendship with others in school.

Few months later.

Our exams had just ended. It was the start of a new semester. I was in the locker room. I opened my locker to keep my backpack inside and took my Chemistry book and decided to spend some time in the library.

"Hey El... Do you have lectures?"

Vitan jumped in front of me out of nowhere.

"You scared me asshole. No I have no lectures today. I'm thinking of utilizing the time in some studies."

"Oh no no no."

Vitan opened my locker and threw my books back inside.

"What.? What do you think you are doing?"

"We are going out."

"Where?"

"Its a surprise. Come now."

He grabbed my hand making me half run out of the school and we jumped into his car and he tied a blindfold on my eye.

"Do not ask me any questions. Just stay calm and wait"

"Uhh.. Okay."

After a short drive Vitan parked the car and opened the door for me and helped me out of the car.

I kept on walking some pavement. And I felt Vitan holding me bridal style in his arms.

"Vitan?"

"Relax.. We have some stairs to climb. And I don't want you to fall"

"Mmhh..!"

Once we reached the place he wanted he landed me on the ground and removed the blindfold.

I rubbed my eyes to adjust to the light.

We were at Vitan's house. His bedroom probably. The room was decorated with rose petals all over on the ground. The curtains were pulled down to prevent sunlight to reach in. Cute candles were lighted. I saw a bottle of wine on the table near the bed.

"What is this Vitan?"

He stepped in front of me and knelt on his knees with a rose in his hand.

"El.. The day I saw you in that classroom I wanted you to be mine. I want to love you all my life till the day I die. You are the best girl I've ever met. I just love being around you. I'm in love with you and this feeling is not allowing me anymore to keep the relationship of friendship with you. So Elina Leslie today, I Vitan Lee propose you to be my girlfriend for life, to be a major part of my life"

I was numb. I didn't know what to do or what to say. I kept on rewinding the words Vitan had told me few seconds back. Vitan stayed there patiently waiting for me to respond.

My hands did not wait for any instructions. I took the rose from him.

"Yes"

A smile crept on his face and he kissed me hurriedly. For a second it felt awkward. It was my first kiss.

After a while I was kissing him back with the same passion.

We spent the entire day enjoying our cute little date. I called my mother and informed her that I will be at a friend's place tonight preparing for a project.

I loved one thing about Vitan. He never rushed into things. He was holding me all night while he slept.

I felt that after so many problems maybe this was the start of the good times.