Chapter 40

Elina's POV

Brian found me running in the woods and he saved me from almost revealing our secret to the world. We walked in the woods together talking about stuff.

"So what do werewolves feed on?"

"Flesh and human food"

"Flesh as in human flesh?"

"No no.. By flesh I meant the flesh which wolves eat and we also eat human food."

"Okay. I'm sorry I'm totally new to all this stuff."

"I know. But I was astonished to see you using your special power so smoothly!"

I smiled at him and it didn't take much time for it to fade away.

How can he remember?

"How do.."

"I was under a protection spell so your power had no effect on me. But I acted to be affected by it."

He answered me before I could complete my question.

"Why did you tell us everything then?"

"I felt like doing it. You know.. Like.. umm.. Giving you guys a chance of explaining yourselves. And when I saw you stopping Zack from harming me and everyone else with me, I was sure I didn't make a wrong decision. And your apology.. You are the first vampire to apologize to a werewolf."

We both started laughing as we reached a campsite.

"This is my pack's campsite."

"Okay. So why are vampires and werewolves so bad enemies?"

"Well there are many stories about this but the one that I think is true goes like this."

He sat on a stone tapping on the place beside him asking me to take a seat.

I took a seat beside him and when I realised how close I am to him made me blush.

"So.."

He said clearing his throat bringing me back to the world pulling me out of my thoughts. I saw a smirk on his face which indicated that he caught me blushing and checking him out. This did not help me at all and I smiled at him like a high school girl in college would smile at her crush.

"It is said that the werewolves and vampires were very good friends in their ancient times. The werewolves used to guard the coffins of the vampires while they were in sleep during the day time. And a werewolf had betrayed a vampire by letting the enemy to burn the vampire in its sleep. And from that day onwards the friendship was broken and a new relation of enemity was born."

I was awed at his story and I just kept on listening to him.

"But this is something I do not believe is true. Because vampires used to hide in the coffins which was always placed in a very secretive place. It was not easy to find the coffin. They did have guards but the guards too were vampires."

"So not all the vampires used to sleep in the coffin right?"

"Yes. It was only the leader or the king who used to do it. The reason of them sleeping in the coffin was never known to the werewolves according to me."

"So what do you think is the true reason?"

"It is a fight or a competition."

"Competition as in who is stronger?"