Chapter 10

*Nicki POV*

"What the fuck?" I lowered my gun some.

Once our eyes met that was it.

I passed out.

I quietly unlocked the two locks and slowly opened the door making it creak loudly. I looked back and saw the bathroom door fly open and Phil staring at me.

Shit..

"What the hell is your black ass doing?" He walked quickly towards me but I was already out the house.

I ran and ran until I couldn't breathe. Not once did I turn around. I knew Phil's ole fat ass couldn't run after me and he had no car so I was FREE.

FREE!

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST!

THANK GOD ALMIGHTY.

I AM FREE AT LAST.

Once I found out exactly where he lived, I'm coming back with my husband and we are going to MURDER him.

I kept running ignoring the fact I was naked and my breasts were jumping all about.

He lived in a cabin in the woods so it was hell trying to find my way out. The sun was starting to rise and I still couldn't find a road or not even another cabin.

I took a break and sat on a blanket near a tree.

Wait, whose blanket is this?

I stood back up and walked a little further and saw an African family sitting in a circle talking amongst themselves.

"Um excuse me, is this your blanket?" I held up the blanket and they all stared at me like I wasn't speaking English. "Wait, can you speak English? Do you understand me?"

A young boy, around my daughter's age, nodded his head slowly before speaking.

"Come. Bring us our quilt."

As I walked towards him a lady, who was probably his mother, covered her youngest son's eyes from my nudity. She said something in French and an elderly lady spoke, probably the grandma.

"Where are you clothes?" Her accent was strong and I could tell her English wasn't that good.

"I was kidnapped and raped. I ran away. I'm trying to find my way out of these woods. What city am I in anyways?"

She looked at me as if she didn't have a clue to what I was saying.

"Where am I?"

"You are on the south side of Compton." The boy said. "Where do you come from?"

The elderly woman gave me one of their tribal outfits and I put it on quickly.

"Strength." She said as she walked off.

"I'm from Compton as well. Over on the north side. How do I get there?"

He said something to his mother in French and turned his attention back to me.

"We can take you."

I cried tears of joy and hugged each of them. Oh god how I couldn't wait to see my family again.

*

I stood in front of my old house watching the Sukis drive away in their car. I can only thank God for putting them in my path and taking me home.