Chapter 34

Harry's POV:

The principal was talking for hours. It was almost boring, but the thought in the back of my mind of what would happen later, made me feel anything but bored at all. I was nervous like never before in my entire life. I held Londons hand, while we were listening. She was wearing her robe, just like me. They were blue, like the colors of the university. The hats were the same color and the ribbons were yellow.

Then we all had to get up and get our certificates, before our ribbons were placed on the other side. I got the fake certificate and London got her real one. I grinned at her and hugged her with one arm snaking around her shoulders, before we all stormed out of the building. We still had two hours to prepare for the celebration.

"See you in two hours," London whispered with a wide grin on her face.

If she only knew that it would be the last time that she would see Marcel.

"Yes, see you in two hours, I love you."

"I love you too," London replied, before she climbed into an old car.

It had to have been her grandmother's, who wanted to come to the ceremony, in contrast to her parents. I was still pissed off that they hadn't come. It was one of the most important days in the life of her daughter and they were sitting in their office, because they had to take care of their beautiful, damn company.

I looked around, as I heard a car approaching. It was Niall's white Range Rover with tinted windows. I ran to the other side and climbed into the back area to Liam, Louis and Eleanor.

"Where's Zayn?" I asked, frowning.

"They're driving with their own car, so there will be at your's in a few."

I nodded and tried to stay calm. My heart was beating wildly against my chest all day long and I found it hard to breathe. In my head I went through my checklist and made sure that everything would went the way I had planned. My friends were on their way, London was driving with her grandmother and I had two hours to prepare everything else.

Hopefully everything will work out the way I want it to be.

***

"Lou," I grinned at her, before hugging her tightly. "Thanks for coming and helping me, that really means a lot."

"Dude, Harry, that's my job," she laughed. "I get paid for doing your hair."

"Yeah, but not on a private base," I corrected her and raised my eyebrows.

"Ugh, you're right, why am I just so nice to everyone?" She huffed, shaking her head from side to side, making me chuckle.

"Aw, c'mon you like doing my hair, admit it, you love my curls."

"Didn't you say that you wouldn't have that much time for your hair?"

"Shit, you're right!"

"Okay, just get the Marcel-stuff down, wash your hair and I will see you in ten minutes."

"Okay."

I ran into the bathroom upstairs and for the last time I ripped my vest off my body, the way too large pants down my legs and took off my glasses. When I had removed all the clothes, I stared for a moment at the little pile that had made everything so much better in my life. Even if this time would be over now, I'll never forget Marcel. The next day, the fans would hear from Marcel the first time and London would meet Harry tonight. Unfortunately the management didn't allow me to use the Best Song Ever-Musicvideo. But I guess it wasn't that important. She would see it the next day then.

I quickly got into the shower and let the water drip down my body. I ruffled with my hands through my hair, which was still full of gel. Then I squeezed a large amount of shampoo on my hand and spread it on my head, so it started to foam. After I washed everything, I hopped out of the shower and dried myself off. I took my suit out of the bedroom and pulled it on as fast as possible. With towel dry hair I stumbled down the stairs to Lou, who was waiting in the living room.

"Wow, Harry. You look good," Liam said amazed.

As if they would have never seen me in a suit before.

"Thanks."

"Hurry up, Styles. It took you forever," Lou bleated, who had one hand placed on her hip.

Eleanor, Perrie, Louis, Liam, Zayn and Niall all sat on my couch and watched as Lou began to work with my hair. I couldn't control my nervousness, biting continuously on my lower lip, while I fumbled with my fingers.

After another twenty minutes Lou had my hair done. I looked in the mirror...and saw...

... me.

I saw Harry Styles. The curly head. Only that he was wearing a well-fitting suit and looking more nervous with each stare. I swallowed hard, looking at the reflection for one last time, before Zayn called me.

***

"Thank you very much again," I thanked the principal again, before I ran backstage to the boys.

We celebrated in a mid-size club down the street and the area slowly filled up with people. A sign for me that I could no longer stand around where everyone could see me. I was no longer Marcel, who could be seen wherever he wanted. I was Harry now, a band member of One Direction.

I joined the boys and Perrie, and began again with chewing on my lower lip.

"Everything's prepared?" I asked to distract me a little.

"Yeah, the party can start," Niall grinned.

I just rolled my eyes and hoped that Eleanor would really pick up London. If you're nervous, you really think that anything could happen. Louis' phone startled us all, while he checked it calmly for any messages.

"They will be here in a few."

I nodded hysterical. "Okay." Then I looked past the stage, seeing more and more people filling the room,

I heard the first song the DJ was playing. Wake Me Up. How many connections and memories I had with this song. It was the one song that I heard when I pretty much thought of London the first time. It was the song that I heard on Niall's BBQ party, while I was thinking about the lyrics, which were perfectly fitting my situation back then.

Feeling my way through the darkness, guided by a beating heart.

On the dance floor were many people, which I had never seen before. Maybe because I only always had eyes for London, while I was in the building of our university.

"Are you nervous?" Louis asked, who put an arm around my shoulder.

I looked at him helplessly, shrugging my shoulders and nodding.

"Don't be, she will still love you."

"I hope so...this is really much of a big thing to me. This is a big secret, or was a big secret...I guess the show starts now," I said, as I looked again to the stage, seeing the principal talking.

Louis once again grabbed his mobile. My heart was beating like crazy.

"Yup, Eleanor says they are the last two people coming in."

"Okay, now it's getting serious, ugh, I'm so nervous. I can literally hear my heartbeat."

"Yeah, it's pretty loud, but you will make it, I know it. Now just wait 'til it's your turn to shine."

I nodded and grabbed a drink that one of the waiters carried around on a wide tray. The speech of the principal was, again, endlessly, and eventually there was a point that I almost choked on my last sip of alcohol.

"London Hayes?" he said into the microphone, and I prefer to put the cup on the table, so I wouldn't spill it all over me, because of the trembling of my hands. "London Hayes?" he repeated.

I bit my lower lip again and looked back over to the stage. The boys had pulled back in a corner and Eleanor was already back next to Louis. London would have to occur the stage in any second.

"There are you, girl," the principal said cheerfully.

There was a silent and everyone was looking in one direction. I followed their gazes and suddenly saw the black Armani dress, worn by the most beautiful girl in the world. Her hair was half updo, half falling down. The strands that were down, were falling in waves around her bare shoulders. She had small rhinestones distributed in her hair, which fit perfectly with her dress. I was overwhelmed. The dress seemed to fit even better than the night before, and her make-up gave her a touch of perfection.

With uncertain, slow steps, she made her way to the stage. Everyone was looking at her. She was probably just as nervous as I was. She had never received so much attention. I saw Jack, gaping at her from head to toe. I wanted to do something against his actions, but couldn't because it would have ruined my plan.

"Here's a little surprise from your boyfriend Marcel, enjoy." He had ripped me out of my mind, before I heard the opening music of my little movie.

It was the acoustic version of Pompeii, the song we had heard in my car on our first date. I watched London's reaction. Her smile was wide and her cheeks were red. I looked over at the guys who gave me a thumbs up, grinning over at me. My knees were so weak that I had to hold on to one of the poles that supported the stage. I had really never been so nervous before.

But suddenly London frowned, my girlfriend staring at the wide screen. It was the moment that meant a lot to me. Probably the most important one, the one that could change everything.

"London, I...I need to tell you something..." All the guys in the club raised their eyebrows, the girls stood ther open-mouthed and London just continued staring at the screen. I could hear all of them gasping.

"My name is not Marcel, I'm...I'm Harry, Harry Styles."

From the time my heart was no longer to stop. It was pounding wildly against my chest and I just had to be with her, I had to be by her side now. As I saw how small tears of frustration were forming in her blue eyes, I let go of the pole and jogged to the stage. I heard them all gasp again, as soon as they they saw me. There was whispering and they were talking about me, but I didn't care.

The movie was over and now all eyes were on me and London. London seemed to be shocked, couldn't look into my eyes, but just staring at the dark blue tie I was wearing. Her eyes were open wide, she didn't move a bit. I watched as she tried to sort out her thoughts.

I wanted to know what she had to say. What was going on in her mind... I reached for her hand, but she rejected it. For the first time she looked up into my desperate eyes, seeming to be caught for a moment, before she shook her head and her jaw tensed.

"Listen it's still me London, just with another name." I tried to explain, but this was the sentence I really didn't want to say. The one I tried to avoid by showing her this movie I made.

She stared at me as if I was an alien or a creature out of another universe. She finally opened her mouth, but all that came out...disappointed me.

"What? Marcel? Are you kidding me?"

- End of The First Half of This Book -

Continue with the second half right away by reading the next chapter :)

#TeamLorry #TeamMarlon #Drummärs