Chapter 14

"Fuck!" I mumbled. What's she doing here?

My eyes widened and I swallowed hard. This can't be true, right? Had she been lying all the time? Did she know that I'm Harry Styles? Does she believe that my 'brother' was Harry Styles? She better not recognize me...even if I don't know what's going on here right now.

To be sure, I once again peered over at her. Yes, yes it was London...Crap!

I looked over to the boys, they had noticed my irretation and stared at me in surprise. I leaned over to Niall, who sat next to me on one of the wooden stools and whispered something in his ear.

"Shit, there's the girl, the one from my University!" Niall's eyes widened as well.

He immediately informed the rest of the guys whose eyes shot to me again with those words. I shrugged my shoulders in despair. What should I do? Maybe just pretend I didn't know her? Yes, that sounds like the most logical conclusion.

Niall strummed his guitar and our fans immediately rose their phones, cameras and iPods in the air. It was a sea of ​​lights. This sight gave us chills. It was unbelievable how many people supported us with our dream. Our fans...which I had disappoint with my bad behavior. But I remembered one of them sat in the audience and supported me in all things...no matter if I ignored her, I wore thick Spongebob-Jellyfishing-glasses or my clothes looked terrible; London was there for me.

She had never told me that she was a fan of us. Maybe it was her darkest secret and I hadn't searched only thoroughly enough for the hidden posters in her room? Or was it all just a big misunderstanding? I mean, she would have recognized my 'brother' as Harry Styles right away.

I looked at my friend from school and saw how she was the only one in the whole hall sitting in her chair. She stared at the ground, sometimes looking around. It looked as though she had come alone, but didn't belong there, was lost or forced to.

I had a feeling that I had conceived simply wrong...and she didn't come on purpose. Her brown hair covered her left shoulder, her crystal blue eyes sparkled and her lips were slightly split. She looked beautiful. But I had to concentrate on the song and couldn't stare at her now...

Otherwise something bad would happen!

***

I caught her in how she moved her foot to the beat of 'Kiss You'. Alternately, she raised her heel and let it collide back down to the floor with the bass drum. Her gaze was still fixed on the ground. And somehow it made me happy. So we didn't have any eyecontact and she didn't have the opportunity to recognize me.

Our song was finished faster than I had expected and already we were leaving the stage. The boys waved to the fans, but I only had eyes for London, who jumped up abruptly from her seat. She walked towards Paul, who was at the barriers behind which we were walking.

I stood rooted to the spot, staring at their conversation. Suddenly Paul shook his head, turning around briefly and seeing me. I cleared my throat and ignored London. Paul waved his hand and asked me to go on, but instead I moved towards them.

He frowned.

"Can I please go now? I don't wanna be here." London complained to my surprise.

She ignored me completely, just the way I did.

"You can't escape out of this building right now. And by the way, you have to ask the security team for this event, we are responsible for One Direction, " Paul replied.

I leaned over to Paul, whispering something. He nodded reluctantly and opened the barrier at one point, passing around London.

"Thank you." She looked pissed off, but thankful to finally get what she wanted.

But I found it even more amusing that she cared a damn that Harry Styles had just helped her. Earlier, or better said a few weeks ago, I would have been mad now.

For a short time her eyes met mine, then she followed Paul to the back door. Why does she want to escape?

I pursued her steps with my eyes until they disappeared out the door. Then I made myself on the way to our car.  We will drive to Niall's. Today he wanted to host once again one of his famous BBQ evenings. I was ravenous.

The boys had been waiting for me, holding the door open. I sat down with them and thought  of  why Paul didn't want to let London out. Maybe he had the suspicion that she just wanted to catch a glimpse of me and the boys, but after I had whispered in his ear that she wasn't a fan, he let her go...so...nevermind.

It was obvious that she didn't care about our appearance, although I must admit that I had caught her, as the rhythm reached her foot. I just wondered why she was there i the first place.

Suddenly my phone buzzed against my thigh. My hand slipped into the narrow pocket and I looked at the contact pic of London. I had made it on the day on which I had helped her in physics. It was the night that changed everything. I began to like London and I realized that Marcel was a plus for me.

"Hi," I growled with my hoarse voice.

The boys turned their eyes on me and knew that the time had arrived to be silent .

"Hi, Marcel. I know it's late, but, um, do you wanna come over in a few?" Crap, Niall's BBQ!

"Is everything okay?" I asked her, even though I had just seen her a few minutes ago.

"Yeah, I'm just bored...and I wanna tell you something...today was a busy and nervwrecking day," she whispered and sighed loudly.

"I, um, I can come, let's say ten?" I asked, looking out through the window in the illuminated city of London.

In a way it was quite strange that a city name was the name of my friend...but it also made her unique. At least for me, because up to the city, no one ever called London crossed my way before.

"Sounds good!" I could practically listen to her smile. "See ya then." She then hung up.

"Eww, what is this smell?" Asked Niall, pulling a grimace.

I frowned.

"Ca-an you-u fee-el the-e love-e to-oni-ight!?" Liam and Zayn sang at the same time.

"What? No!" I protested. "I'm not in love!" I made ​​sure to them and myself...especially myself. Because I myself wasn't so sure about this.

I mean, London is just a friend...or would she be the perfect girlfriend for me?