Chapter 28

Harry's POV:

"Don't you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone!" Someone said, I guessed it was Saito. 

My eyes fluttered open, my heart pounded against my chest and my breathing was irregular. At first I didn't know where I was, but then I began to realize what was going on. It was just a dream. London still lay calmly on my chest, the TV was loud in the background and I had my worst fear incorporated into a nightmare. Her long, chocolate brown hair spread across my chest and covered the pattern of the ugly vest.

I should have been happy that it was only a dream, but somehow it made me doubt even more.

What if London doesn't want to keep me as Harry?

What should I do if she will leave me because of the lies?

This was my biggest fear. In the end, to be alone again.

As in my dream I was standing up, London in my arms, while I switched off the TV and went up the stairs to my bedroom. I laid her, like already in my mind before, on my bed and took off her cardigan and socks to cover her with my gray blanket. It was all like a bad dejavu.

Silently I smiled at the view in front of my eyes, and eventually went to the bathroom to wash my hair and change my clothes. But this time I did it behind closed doors and I had already picked out the clothes, so my dream wouldn't come true.

When I returned to the bedroom, London was still sleeping soundly. She had clung to my pillow and one of her legs was now above the blanket. A gesture that I myself often did, because I couldn't decide whether it was too hot or too cold. The closer I got to the bed, the better I was able to observe her beauty. Her long lashes fanned out on her cheeks and her lips held a little smile.

Chuckling, I pulled the blanket aside, turned out the light and slid under the covers next to the beauty in my bed.

"Marcel ! Is it you?" I heard her soft voice asking.

"Yes, baby, it's me," I replied, grinning.

Then I searched with my hand for her cheek and gave her a kiss, before I put my arm around her a little complicated. She gave me her cute giggle again, before she snuggled her head in my chest.

I wasn't so darn used to sleeping with clothes embracing my body.

***

It was Monday and the school was over. London and I headed hand in hand outside the building. Everyone was already out or didn't even come, because it was the last day. Thursday we had to come again though. 

The last Saturday really was the best day of my life. The kiss to feel London and just feel close to her. Madness. But for some reason me and London wanted to keep it a secret. We were still unsure of how everything would be going. Particularly London, who has never had a friend, let alone boyfriend. I was the one who grabbed her hand and I was the first who leaned down to her only to give her a kiss. However with the messages I had no problems, I mean, the boyfriend should always text first, the other way around the girl would look too intrusive. But I thought that this was only the initial phase and this would change soon anyway.

We sat in my Range Rover and threw our bags into the back seat. Almost all the professors had already passed by us and Thursday would then be only a few hours with the math and English professors and we would have finally done it. Or rather, London would have done it. My grades were still a secret and weren't counted at all.