Chapter 13

Harry's POV:

We had said goodbye to each other before I went to my car and drove away. Fortunately Simon allowed me to use my Range Rover, that tank from the first day of school, remained as the tank for the first day of school, and nothing further. I had never used it for a second time. Never again.

London was very cautious that evening. Maybe because I wasn't good or truthful with  her work, or maybe just because I told her straight away that I wanted to convince her of something that she had already represented her own opinion on. If only she knew that I'm Harry Styles, then she would have given the story a second try, perhaps even withdrawn, or at least thought about those prejudices again. Maybe she would have felt right, because I wasn't very friendly towards her in the beginning. But what else could I do than thinking that I was the one who was right? That I wasn't the one to blame on? Right, I couldn't do much about it. She hit the soft spot--being famous.

But once she knows who I am, then I am sure that she will change her mind...just like I'm going back step by step towards the old Harry, who has been sitting in the corner far too long.

I kind of liked my transformation...to be honest, I had been missing the old me. The aim to come closer, thanks to my friends and my boss, felt incredibly good. Slowly I became friends with Marcel, it was reassuring that no-one could see me and I didn't have to run away from those paps. But the person who was standing out the most, was London. In her presence I felt understood and somehow normal. Normal as a normal person, just like everyone else. As with the boys, I could be myself with her and didn't need to hide myself or act like the arrogant asshole I never was.

I don't know if she was the reason for this, but since I went to University, I hadn't any flirt with a female. The Arrogant Ass loved to flirt and check out girls, but Harry, who I once was and who now made it back to the surface, was different. Of course, I also looked after girls in those happy times, but that is completely normal as a teenage-boy. Suddenly I saw everything from a different perspective and I liked that and it felt incredibly familiar too.

The whole car ride to my house, I was lost in my own thoughts, thinking about how I could prove to London, that celebrities sometimes are just lonely and trying to get attention. Just like I did. Even though I have a family that loves me, I still felt left alone in the middle of the flashbulbs of cameras around me like an endless ocean I wouldn't ever swim across. But now I had London and I forgot this uneasy chill from the first moment we had met, I just never wanted to admit it in these past two weeks.

Fortunately, she gave me some time. Time. Yes, that is what I need. I had a plan that didn't even had to be discussed with Simon. He had already allowed it indirectly. But only once I wanted to enjoy Marcel to the fullest.

Ultimately, I came to this Uni for almost the last three months of the studies, being sent from a 'different University' in west England, because of my 'family's move to the capital city'. And I had two months left until we would have our graduation. I'll finally be bashing Marcel in the bin, but beforehead no one will know it, unless something goes wrong of course.

***

"Hey, mate," Niall hugged me tightly.

"We have a gig, right?" I asked him, clearing my throat.

"Yeah, we're singing some songs of the new album." I sighed.

My voice had suffered a little, since I had practiced abundantly in the previous evening for a song. In just four weeks was the video for our this song:'Best Song Ever', and only a month later will be my graduation ceremony. I liked the concept of the video a lot. I asked to speak with the director and discussed the scenes and storyline. He thought my idea was great and I could hardly wait to finally shoot it with the lads. In addition, the release date would be just right. I would have to beg London to watch the video though.

Today we both behaved ourselves rather quietly. No one spoke to the other, for whatever reason. Just in Chemistry I had been helping her with something she didn't understand, but in return I only received a hardly noticable nod. Maybe she was mad at me, I had no idea.

We gave our work to the teacher. Although London seemed a bit contrite, I had tried to convince her that it was nevertheless a good job and that she did it well.I don't know what this is with the girls. Maybe she was on her period.

But now I had to concentrate on a gig with the boys...

"Here we go!" I mumbled before I and the boys kept our hands on each other, then running up the stage.

The screams of our amazing fans made my heart vigoriously thumping against my chest...This feeling was new, but still in my memoirs. All appearances on the X-Factor caused it, but then it faded away, now London was the reason for this strange, yet pleasant feeling. And I was glad, that my fans were doing the same to me. Maybe it was because I knew that London liked me, and knowing that my fans loved me, made it only even stronger.

But my breath got caught in my throat, as I recognized a familiar face in the front row. This couldn't be real. No, I thought she wasn't a fan?!

London?