Chapter 30

Harry's POV: 

My grip was tight around the steering wheel, while my eyes were on the road. Pompeii by Bastille was blasting through the radio and London was buzzing along with her ​​delicate voice.

And if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all .. I remembered the night in which I had thought that nothing had changed and now I was sitting here with her in the car, driving us to our first real date. It was just about 8am and I was really tired from the concert the previous night, but at least I could get some sleep on the plane.

First, I wanted to drive London to my home in Cheshire, but had then noticed that it was too risky, and I wasn't sure if I already wanted to try this step. So I opted for the old bakery. We would buy us a couple of cupcakes and then look for a cozy place on the large lawn on which I had loved to play on when I was a kid.

"Where are we going?" London finally asked, looking at me expectantly.

"I will not tell you," I smiled teasingly.

"Oh come on, please Marcel." She begged, but I had to stay strong, because it was a surprise that I didn't want to reveal...yet.

"No, my mouth remains closed, babe." I put my hand on her thigh and she froze again, so I rubbed circles to try to calm her down.

"O-okay," She said, and surprisingly laid her hand on top of mine.

***

After an hour-long journey, we finally arrived in Holmes Chapel and I parked my Range Rover at the door of the bakery. The area was exactly as I had left it years ago. Peaceful, but if you were a child, full of adventure.

I got out of the car and ran over to London's side to help her out of the car. When our hands touched again, I felt the familiar tingling sensation that she sent through my entire body. Her eyes scanned the place, taking each tree under control. She grinned when she saw the bakery sign and followed me to the door.

"Marcel?... Are you a Directioner?" She smiled and I froze on the last word.

Shit, have I done something wrong? Was it too obvious to bring her to the bakery? Oh Crap!

"Um, w-why ?" My voice trailed off.

"Don't know...Eleanor calls you Harry, and I think one of them is called 'Harry', am I right? Plus you take me to this bakery where he used to work. I don't know much about them, but this is something I know," she explained.

"Y-you don't like them?"

"I do, but I'm not that kind of a fangirl, that's just not my thing, you know. But it's not bad that you like them." She giggled, pulling me into the bakery.

My heart jumped. I didn't know whether to be relieved or careful. London knew more than I thought she would. Luckily Barbara wouldn't recognize me with my Marcel-disguise, otherwise I would have been screwed, again.

"What cupcake do you want?" I finally managed to ask, showing her the great selection of colorful pastries with various fillings.

"Uhm..." Her eyes wandered through the colorful cupcakes and its signs. "Well, I would love to have the one with the crispy cream filling and chocolate crumble mixtures."

I grinned, reminding that this was also my sister's favorite variety. How much I missed her and my mother though. But I couldn't visit them. Not that day, not at this time.

A few minutes later, Barbara showed up and even though I would have prefered a hug, I couldn't do that. She didn't know who I was...Just recently we had visited her with a film crew for our 'This Is Us'-Movie, which would also appear very soon. I will never forget the sparkle in her eyes, as she saw me again.

"Hello, one Chocolate Crispy Cream and Crispy Cream Vanilla one please." I tried to not speak as much as I do when I'm Harry, pitching my voice a tiny bit higher to not let it appear as if it was raspy at all. 

***

As we walked out of the bakery London stopped and I spun around to her, as she thoughtfully scanned me with gimmicks eyes. I frowned.

"What?"

"Well, I don't think you drove all the way up here just to go to a bakery to get some cupcakes, did you?" I chuckled a little, because she had said something right in her determination.

"No, it's a sunny day, we got cupcakes and I know a good place to go to."

"Aren't there enough places to go in London as well?" She rose her eyebrows.

"Not as beautiful as this one," I shrugged.

"Okay, I give in," she laughed, following me back to the car.

***

"Wow, you really weren't lying, when you said it's beautiful here." One more time looking around, London admired the scenery around us.

The grass was high and the colorful flowers brought some variety in the green. We ate our cupcakes and drank our typical brittisch tea I had brought with me.

"I know," I muttered, leaning back on the blanket to cross my arms behind my head. "Come here."

"How do you know all these places," London asked, while she had laid with me.

I didn't want to lie again, so I simply told her the truth.

"I spent my entire childhood here."

"Really?" Her eyes widened. "That means that you actually know Harry Styles, that's why you like them, isn't it? "

"Yeah, kind of."

_______

Only about 5 Chapters left :o 

THE SEQUEL IS ALREADY ON MY PROFILE! It's called THE UNCOVERED STAR :) Please add it to your library! 

Please vote/share/comment.x 

I love you<3 

-Nikolina.x