44. Video Camera

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ana's P.OV~

I sat on the couch across from Cassidy's bed, waiting for her to wake up. I'd give anything to have her walking around again, talking and laughing.

I missed my best friend tremendously.

That was such an understatement though. It's only been about four days since she's been here, but it already felt like a year. I really hoped she would wake up today.

Her hair was messily displayed around her head on the pillow. I loved how good her hair looked, even when she hadn't done anything to it. I walked over to her, looking at the C necklace hanging around her neck. I smiled as I held it between my fingers, thinking about how far her and Niall had come since he gave this to her.

I smiled weakly at her, twisting one of her curls around my finger. "Wake up," I whispered.

Of course, nothing happened. A tear made it's way down my face as I repeated myself over and over again, "Please, just wake up."

I jumped when Harry and Niall walked in behind me. I quickly wiped my eyes, going over to hug Harry for comfort. He rubbed my back, "Nothing yet?"

"She hasn't moved," I answered.

Harry hugged me tightly as we watched Niall walk back over to the bed. He twirled her hair around his finger before admiring her face for a moment. He smiled at her, kissing her quickly on the lips. I missed her, but I knew Niall was missing her tremendously.

"I miss her so much," Niall sighed, caressing her face.

"Do you want to go down to the grocery store and see if they have surveillance footage of the accident?" Harry asked him. Niall nodded.

"Yeah, let's go ahead and get that out of the way." Niall answered, heading toward the door.

I walked back over to Cassidy, sliding my bracelet that said Stay Confident off of my wrist and onto hers. I smiled, then pulled out my phone to text Perrie and see if she could come to the hospital to spend time with me. Luckily, she said yes and I sat back down on the couch, awaiting her arrival.

.

.

.

Niall's P.O.V~

As Harry and I arrived at the grocery store, we rushed inside, hoping to find out some real information about what had happened a few days ago. It hurt for me to even come back here, knowing I'd never forget to get the image of Cassidy's body laying on the floor out of my head.

Once inside the store, I went to the cashier and asked her where we could find the manager. She pointed down the hallway and gave me directions. I thanked her and Harry followed me as we came to the door labeled 'Store Manager'.

Harry opened the door, ushering me inside. A guy sitting at his desk looked up at us. He didn't look very old, maybe in his mid-thirties, "How may I help you, gentleman?"

"We're here about the incident that occurred a few days ago. We were wanting to know if you could show us your security footage of the cameras on September 7th." Harry told the man as we sat down, "For us to win our case, we have to have as much evidence as possible."

I mentally applauded Harry for how formal he was being. The man nodded, "I'm still terribly sorry to hear about Ms. Morgan. You may see the video footage. Let the guy next door know if he can help you in any way. His name is Phil."

"Thank you," I told him as we walked next door.

The room next door was filled with computers, all showing different camera angles and views of the grocery store from the inside and outside. Three guys were sitting in front of them talking amongst themselves when they noticed us come in.