5. The Monster

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassidy's P.O.V~

"Cassidy, I know we just met, and under some pretty unconventional terms, but I can't seem to get you out of my head lately. Spending time with you tonight, I really haven't felt this happy in a long time. I know it's kind of early, but you're so sweet, so I was wondering... will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

My eyes widened, "Well.. I kind of have a problem."

"What is it?" he asked, growing concerned.

"Well..." I started, rubbing the bruise on my arm. I couldn't help but to start thinking of my boyfriend and when he gave me this bruise a few days ago. He came to my flat unannounced and reeked of alcohol. He tried to force me to kiss him, which repulsed me while he was so drunk. He didn't take any time in shoving me against the wall and forcefully pressing his lips to mine against my will.

Niall must have noticed me nervously rubbing my arm as he noticed the bruise, "How did you get that bruise? Did I do that in the car wreck?"

I shook my head, "No, um... I'm not sure." He could tell I was lying so I continued, "Someone just grabbed me really hard."

"Someone grabbed you hard enough to leave marks on you? Who was it?" he asked, already growing angrier by the second.

"My boyfriend.." I told him, choosing not to lie to him again, he had been drinking and I didn't want to kiss him. He didn't like that I was denying him.

Niall was almost shaking, he was so mad. I knew he had already pieced it together that it was also my boyfriend that steadily tells me I'm not good enough and that I'm worthless. Now for him to know that he hurts me too?

"I'm gonna beat his a-"

"No, Niall! You can't!" I interrupted, terrified at what he planned to do, "You don't know what he's capable of. I've wanted to break up with him for a while now, but I'm just scared of what he'll do if I try." I shivered at the thought, reminding me of things he's done to me in the past.

*Flashback*

I was sitting on the couch with Ana when Mark suddenly slammed through the door, startling us both.

"Babe, I need you," he said panting, and I could tell he had been drinking.

Ana looked at me, concerned, but I didn't want to go near him. I didn't even want to be his girlfriend anymore. The first month we were together, he was the sweetest person, but all of him had faded away into the monster of a man that stood before me now.

"Did you hear me, slut? I said that I need you. Get up." he barked, but I was too terrified to move. I knew I would regret it whether I chose to do as he said or not.

Obviously pissed, he grabbed me by my hair and jerked me off of the couch and threw me to the floor. I could hear Ana screaming, begging him to stop, but too scared to intervene. I closed my eyes tight, waiting for the worst when I finally felt his shoe connect with my stomach. I cried out, screaming from pain as he kicked me again.

I looked up and my eyes connected with the man's I thought I loved. Not anymore and not ever again. After a third kick, I guess he grew bored and he finally left before Ana pulled me from the floor.

*End Flashback*

"What if I come with you when you break up with him?" Niall asked me, "I won't let him hurt you."

I slowly nodded, "Are you sure? You really don't have to."

"I want to. You don't deserve to be treated like this." He told me, "So how does tomorrow sound?"