40. Princess Down

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niall's P.O.V~

*While Still At The Grocery Store*

As I walked through aisle 7, leaving Cassidy at one of the earlier aisles, I looked around for some Trix cereal, my favorite. When I finally located it, I bent down to grab it from the bottom shelf when I felt a hand grip my bum.

I stood up and turned around, "Excuse me, can I help you?" I asked annoyed at the person who had just groped me.

The person had turned away from me, no longer facing me, but said in a deep voice, "Yes. Break up with Cassidy."

The person sounded weird, and I assumed the voice was fake and that she was a female fan that didn't like me being with Cassidy.

"I'm sorry to hear that you don't like us together," I told the girl, "But I can't break up with her. I love her."

"Look, you have two options." She said, sounding angrier than before, "Option One: Break up with her or Option Two: Break up with her."

I sighed, "Option three: neither."

"You shouldn't have said that." She told me before walking away quickly.

Would that person hurt Cassidy? Concern filled me as I decided I needed to go find her and make sure she was okay. I wasn't sure of why that girl was so upset with me for dating Cassidy, but I wasn't positive she wasn't going to hurt her either.

I started down the aisle, intending to go back to the aisle I left Cassidy at when I heard a scream behind me. A little girl with blonde hair had noticed me, but when she screamed, she had gained the attention of ten other little girls around her. All of their eyes met mine and I cursed under my breath.

Before I could get far, all eleven girls were surrounding me, laughing and giggling. The situation was in no way funny and any other day, I would have stood here and talked to all of them. I was just concerned for my girlfriend's safety right now. 

The girls kept screaming at me, telling me to sign their books or jackets, and I continued to try to calm them down. "Can you girls please let me by?"

One pouted, "Don't you love us, Niall?"

"I love all of you, but if you love me, I need you all to move right now!" I yelled, causing one of the smaller girls to begin crying. I felt incredibly bad, but I took off running toward the first aisle of food.

I almost ran into a guy standing at the end of the aisle when I turned and saw her, my eyes widening. No way. I saw the black figure at the other far end of the aisle, running out of the store.

My eyes snapped to the middle of the aisle as my breathing hitched and my eyes connected to Cassidy laying on the floor in the middle of the aisle. Blood had began to pool around her left side and my heart dropped.

"Cassidy!" I screamed, running over to her and almost slipping in her blood. I kneeled at her side, noticing that she seemed to be unconscious. I held my hand tightly against her side where the gash was which was visible through the hole in her shirt.

"Someone call an ambulance!" I screamed to everyone watching.

I looked back down at her, pulling her head into my lap and caressing her face, "Come on, baby. Don't leave me like this." I knew there was entirely too much blood already and I was terrified that she was going to bleed out right here in the middle of the grocery store. I hadn't even noticed that through my fear, I had began crying.

Why would someone do this to her? Just because someone didn't want us together, they stabbed her? Did I cause this?

The bottom of her shirt was almost completely soaked in blood, turning the blue to a dark red color. Her blood was already all over my clothes, but I couldn't care less. I just couldn't let her leave me like this. No. No. No. No.