42. Nervous Bouncing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's P.O.V~

"Proposing?" I clarified, to which Niall nodded, but looked away, clearly embarrassed as his cheeks flared up.

"I think it would be amazing," I smiled. Niall looked over at me, smiling just as big.

"Really?" He asked me and I nodded.

I couldn't believe he was actually considering this. Marriage this young? It never would have crossed my mind, but I can see the way Niall looks at her. He truly loves her. I just thought if one of us got married, the first one would be Liam or Louis.

I couldn't help but be happy for him. He finally found a girl that didn't intend on playing with his heart like it was a toy. He's always been led on by girls and ended up broken hearted. He didn't even want to date anymore at one point. Cassidy had been through the ringer as well, especially with her abusive ex-boyfriend. No one should have to go through that, especially not as sweet and kind as she is.

Niall is my best friend and Cassidy is my best girl friend. I knew that if Niall popped the question, Cassidy wouldn't hesitate to say yes. She was turning 19 tomorrow, and unless she felt like they were too young, she really wouldn't have a reason to turn him down if he asked.

I knew that if Cassidy was secretly overhearing my conversation with Niall right now, she would be freaking out and unable to hide how happy and surprised she would be. I really wished she was awake and not still unconscious. They had stitched up her side yesterday, all because a girl that couldn't stand her decided to stab her. I swear, if I ever see that blonde haired she witch again, I would murder her.

That's when I remembered I would have to see her again if they decided to take Mia to court.

"Niall, you're planning on taking Mia to court for this, right?" I asked, "We have to involve the police at this point."

"I honestly haven't thought that far ahead," Niall sighed, "Do you think we would win?"

"Well, to win, we're going to need all the proof we can get. Maybe we could go down to the grocery store and see if they have surveillance footage of the accident." I told him.

Niall nodded, "Yeah, that sounds good to me. Maybe we can also see what car she was driving to track her down. Did she drive away? Maybe she ran? I can't think straight." He began rubbing his forehead.

"Don't think too hard about it right now, Ni." I told him, "You've been through enough. Focus on something else, like um.. when is Cassidy supposed to wake up?"

"Harry!" Niall yelled, "That's it! Cassidy probably knows exactly who stabbed her! When she wakes up, she'll be able to tell the story herself and claim it was Mia."

"That's right!" I agreed, "Cassidy probably knows a lot more than she's able to tell us."

Niall's face fell, turning back to look at Cassidy. "I really wish she was awake, Harry."

"I know, she'll wake up soon." I told him, but he shook his head. His face twisted, portraying an emotion I wasn't sure how to exactly describe.

"Harry, you just don't understand how much I want her back. I would do absolutely anything to see her moving again, to hear her voice, to hear her laugh. I just want to feel her hug me, kiss me, tell me that everything is going to be okay. I miss my best friend." Niall cried, "I miss her so much. She's the first girl I've ever truly loved, and I'm so terrified that she's going to slip away."

Then I knew what that face was for.

He broke.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Perrie's P.O.V~

I took another sip of my caramel frappé and sighed. I'm still beyond sad. Even a coffee date with Ana and Eleanor in Starbucks isn't enough to take my mind off of Cassidy.