36. The War

The end of this book is coming up quickly, but you're never going to expect the ending. I hope everyone enjoys this chapter, and you last few minutes of no drama while you can lol. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassidy's P.O.V~

To my surprise, Harry text me and told me the next day that everyone had loved my idea of a nerf gun war, so Ana and I were getting ready to go over to the guy's flat.

I changed into my red top and tucked it into my blue jean shorts. I wanted to be able to run around easily to avoid the bullets later, so I pulled on my red tennis shoes to match. I threw my hair up into a high ponytail. I knew today was a sunny day, so I grabbed my red sunglasses off my dresser as well.

I went downstairs and waited for Ana to join me. As soon as she did, I drove us over to the guy's flat. When we arrived, everyone was on edge and ready to begin the war. Ana and I were hastily handed a gun on arrival and I looked around at everyone, trying to not let the sun get in my eyes. I pulled my sunglasses down. I had to take down Niall, Harry, Liam, Zayn, Louis, Ana, Eleanor, and Perrie.

This should be easy.

"The rules are simple," Harry told us, "You can stay outside or go inside the house. Everyone is fair game. If you get hit, be honest and lay on the ground as if you're actually dead. The last person standing is the winner."

We all nodded and Harry smiled, "Alright, everyone locked and loaded?"

"Yep!" We all said in unison.

"Then take your positions, soldiers!" Harry yelled, taking off, "You have fifteen seconds before shots are fired!"

I took off running and went to the side of the house, ducking down behind the wheel of Niall's car. I suddenly heard Louis yell, "Let the games begin!"

I stayed still in the same spot, waiting, until I heard movement behind me. I turned around and shot, and was happy to find that I had hit Harry. He fell backwards, fake dying, and I crawled over to him to retrieve my bullet.

"I thought we were best friends," Harry choked out, acting as if the bullet had actually pierced his skin.

I couldn't help but laugh, "That's what you get when you consider friendships in war!"

I crawled away from Harry's body, worried someone would see his long legs and figure out that I was over here with him. I stood and sprinted to the front steps of the house, slowly creaking the door open and walking inside when I didn't see anyone.

I rounded the corner and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Niall standing across the room with the couch between us, gun pointed in my direction as he smirked, "Well well well, look who we have here. Maybe it's time someone got their revenge for beating me in Just Dance yesterday."

Niall shot suddenly, attempting to catch me off guard while talking, but I ducked and did a somersault to the back of the couch.

"What the hell, Niall!" I yelled, trying not to laugh. I crawled to the side of the couch, unbeknownst to him, and stood up quickly and shot, landing it dead in the center of his chest. He looked down at the bullet and smiled before falling to the floor.

I walked over to him, leaning down to get the bullet, "Sorry, Ni, but you asked for it." I told him, kissing him on the cheek. When my lips touched his cheek, his eyes opened suddenly sand he tapped his lips, asking for a real kiss.

I shook my head, "I'm not kissing a dead person!"

He frowned before closing his eyes again, pretending to be dead. I walked over to the window and crouched down, not allowing anyone to see me from outside. I could see Ana by the shed in the backyard, and Eleanor was hiding inside it. Zayn was on the other far side of the yard, hiding expertly from Ana and Eleanor, out of their eyesight. Perrie, Liam, and Louis were nowhere to be seen. Harry and Niall were already dead.