2. The Hospital

I'm currently editing all chapters to fix comma errors, grammatical errors, and to overall make the chapter dialogue and story longer and sound better!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassidy's P.O.V~

I walked out into the grassy field and looked around adjusting my eyes to the sunlight. It smelled of lavender out here and I usually didn't like the smell of lavender, but at the moment, it smelled amazing.

Flowers were all around at my feet, but my attention was drawn to a beautiful blue monarch butterfly sitting on a purple flower a few steps away. I made sure to step quietly, careful not to startle and scare away the beautiful creature.

I bent down on my knees, and reached out, not touching the butterfly, but only the flower. The butterfly crawled up to my hand, moving around before actually staying in one spot. I sat down in the flowers as I watched how peaceful the butterfly looked. How serene this was. I wished I could keep it forever. Forever frozen in this moment.

But then the pounding headache started again, jarring me awake and away from my beautiful escape.

Niall's P.O.V~

Oh my god. Those were the only words I could come up with. I can't believe I just hit a girl with my car! It was an accident, but did she know that? I didn't have much time to explain since she blacked out in the back seat.

Management is going to kill me if they find out about this. When they find out about this, I corrected because they found out about everything. The guys are probably about to start ringing my phone any second now. Sitting in this waiting room was about to make me go completely crazy.

But the worst part? She was pretty. Like gorgeous pretty. She looked like an angel. The problem is I just hit her with my car. What is wrong with me? I hit myself in the head once for being so stupid. I need to calm down. I'm probably talking out of shock.

"Mr. Horan, can we talk to you please?" The nurse called, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Sure." I got up and walked down the hallway, following the nurse to a separate room. When we entered, I had to keep myself from gasping.

There she was, laying in the hospital bed. She seemed to be asleep, but she then turned her head and smiled at me. It was then that I noticed she had a few scratches across her face that I had caused her.

"Niall?" She asked, gently motioning for me to come over.

The nurse gave me a wink and I walked over and sat beside the girl. She didn't look very old, maybe seventeen, maybe eighteen. I pushed the hair out of her eyes and stared at her. Her eyes were so brown they reminded me of chocolate. Niall calm down you just met her. Already thinking about food and you just ate.

"I'm sorry, love, I never caught your name..." I said trailing off, getting lost again in her sparkling brown eyes.

She stopped and whispered something, looking down, avoiding my gaze.

"What did you say, love?" I asked her again.

"Cassidy," she whispered, seeming more shy with every passing second. It was actually kind of cute.

"That's beautiful, Cassidy. I like that name, really pretty for a pretty girl like you."

She blushed and nodded back off to sleep. I got up and went to sit in one of the chairs by the wall. I felt my phone vibrate, but I went to sleep anyway.

I wasn't going to leave Cassidy here. I couldn't, and I knew whoever was trying to call me was only going to make me leave the hospital. I had to make sure she was okay. But as I sat down, the tiredness overcame me and I fell asleep.

Cassidy's P.O.V~

Where am I? All I remember is a smashing headache, which I still have, a very attractive blonde Irish guy, and being in the parking lot of the mall.

I opened my eyes and looked around. It looked like a hospital bedroom, but the lights above me were blinding me and only making my head hurt worse. Suddenly, there a nurse walked in who walked over and placed her hand against my forehead. She smiled and told me everything was going to bed okay before she walked out of the room. I laid back and felt of my head, which was throbbing, but bearable. The nurse then appeared in the room again and the blonde Irish guy I vaguely remembered was with her.

"Niall?" I said or asked. I honestly wasn't sure if I was asking or stating, but I didnt bother to worry about it either. Plus when did I figure out his name? Eh, I don't know, but apparently that's it since he's approaching. I guess I'll just stick with that.

He sat on the side of the bed and pushed the hair out of my eyes, making vision in my right eye a little better for me. I felt a spark as he touched me, again going crazy. I just met him and I'm talking about sparks. I must have been hit pretty bad. Wait. Hit? Was I hit? Clearly I had to have been if I just thought that. I wonder why I'm here though. I'm so confused that I'm talking to myself.

"I'm sorry, love, I never caught your name..." He said suddenly, bringing me back to reality.

He called me love..that's so cute.

I said Cassi, but it was barely above a whisper.

"What did you say love?" He asked.

"Cassidy," I said a bit louder, emphasizing my full name.

"That's beautiful Cassidy. I like that name, really pretty for a pretty girl like you." he told me.

Did he just call me pretty? My head is throbbing harder now so I'm unsure. It feels like a bomb is just ticking away in there. Even so, I couldn't keep myself from blushing at his compliment before the throbbing overtook me and I felt myself drifting back off to sleep. I watched him take the chair beside my bed and take a seat. He seemed to be tired as well since his eyes flutter shut almost immediately.

His blonde hair and chiseled features were gorgeous, especially his eyes. I was almost positive that I had dreamt him up before he walked in here and proved he was real. Not only that, but he called me pretty. How can a man that attractive think I'm pretty?

Oh my. What's wrong with me? I just met him!

I opened my eyes again, kicking myself back to reality, and leaned over to get my hospital overview sheet after he fell asleep. I was doing my best to stay as quiet as possible to avoid waking him up, but it was difficult due to all the tubes connected to my arm. Apparently, I was accidentally hit with his car. My eyes darted to him. That explained why he was here and why he looked upset. Suddenly, the throbbing in my head intensified again. I attempted to block it out, but the pain overtook me again, and my body forced me back to sleep.