Chapter Forty Six

I was walking towards the hospital so my arm could be fully healed. I arrived at the hospital and entered the room they told me to wait in. The nurse entered, leaving the door open. She began to heal my arm.

Two chunin walked by, talking animatedly about something. Bored, I listened to the conversation.

"Yeah! Supposedly, the Uchiha skipped town after knocking his own teammate, some pink haired kunoichi out!"

"No way!"

"Yeah, Tsunade already sent a team out to retrieve him!"

"Wow, that's really som..."

They turned a corner and their voices faded. I stood up abruptly. Not even paying attention, I push the nurses seeking hands away, setting uncounted money on the table. I needed to do some things.

I ran upstairs, where I sensed Sakura's mind. I handed her a page. of paper.

"A song," I say shortly, "For when you're ready to get over him," She nods, though obviously confused.

"Keira, Sasuke-"

"I know!" I shout, and then speed walk out of the Hospital. This is hard to believe. I mean, it was obvious that he was conflicted over leaving, but... Sprinting towards the Hokage's office, I sigh. No one here but me knows that team seven will be broken up even further... because of me....

"Is it true?" I ask immediately. She looks at me strangely. "Oh, it's nice to meet you Lady Hokage," I bow slightly, and then walk up to her desk, placing my hand on it and leaning in towards her. "Is it true?" I demand.

"Matters what you're talking about," She said flippantly, but her eyes held worry.

I growled. "That Sasuke f*cking Uchiha abandoned the village!"

She grew serious. "Yes, that's true. I've already sent a team after him, and reinforcements have gone as well. It's Keira, right? You were on his team," She asked.

"Yeah," I nod, ignoring the past tense she used.

"I want you to go after Sasuke. Don't stop at any other fight, only go after Sasuke, do you hear me?" I nod, and then jump out her window, taking flight. I can feel her awed gaze following me through the sky.

I fly over the forest. Sasuke. I push myself faster, flying over a clearing, where the earth was messed up and turned over. That d*mn idiot! I fly faster and faster, worried I would be too late. I fly over a grass field and see a shock of red hair. Gaara?

I land beside him, taking a split second to kiss his cheek. He turns to me, a smile in his eyes, watching my retreating figure fly into the blue.

Take care of yourself, I hear him think worriedly. I smile slightly, worried for him as well. I could feel the love and care for me radiating off him. Around him, I was complete. It was amazing to be with him, totally trusting him. I had someone I would love and protect after all these years.

Like Sasuke, and Naruto. I needed to get to them, to protect them. I needed to save Sasuke from himself. I had a gut feeling that they would be fighting it out. I sensed their minds up ahead, and redoubled my speed.

But I arrived too late. I landed with a thud beside Naruto, who was passed out on the ground, and Sasuke was nowhere to be seen. He was already far out o my range; I couldn't sense him anywhere. I stared and stared. How.... how could he do this to us? I pull out my song book, but before I can even begin to write, something hit me in the back of the head.

And then Darkness.

Third P.O.V

Kakashi landed at the lake, immediately spotting Naruto on the ground. With sadness in his eyes, he kneeled beside the fallen boy.